Hi i'm new

hi guys i'm new to this forum and just thought i'd say hi and show you guys what i got

datsun.jpg

78 620 longbed swapped a dual plug engine and 5 speed from a newer dat into it

a buddy and i did all the body work and paint its a fade proof suede black. my goal is to bag the rear end and finish the interior but for now this is it tell me what you guys think i'll try to get some higher res pics of it when i get the chance

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the water temp gauge. ya thats a side pipe it might change here soon its a little loud right now. the buckets in it are from a 2nd gen 300z but they're a little big for my tall frame so i'm replacing them with smaller buckets from a 83 rx7. i might go really disco with the interior (red shag) but i dont know yet. i'm taking pictures of it tomorrow with my good camera so stay tuned.

here is one of the engine

datsun2.jpg

crappy cell pics i know

The stamped metal valve cover, fooled me into thinking it was a Z24. It has an L series fuel pump so only the Z20 and Z22 had the pump boss machined out, but with a cover plate, the Z24 was closed off. I would say a Z22. Here's mine, a '78 also, with a Z24 with P/S pump. I don't feel so alone now.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/IMG_0437.jpg[/img]"]IMG_0437.jpg

Kudos to you and your buddy for figuring out that the L pump will run on the Z engine.

Forgot to ask how you ran the exhaust, did it not line up with the stock pipe? Haven't done mine yet and don't want a side pipe. Did the 720 throttle cable reach ok? Are you running dual plugs on all the time or do they switch off with vacuum like the stock 720s? How does it compare to the L20B that was in it, more torque? Better bottom end?

More pix please.

Forgot to ask how you ran the exhaust, did it not line up with the stock pipe? Haven't done mine yet and don't want a side pipe. Did the 720 throttle cable reach ok? Are you running dual plugs on all the time or do they switch off with vacuum like the stock 720s? How does it compare to the L20B that was in it, more torque? Better bottom end?

More pix please.

when we picked up this truck the stock exhaust was rotted out and we just had some tubing lying around that worked perfect for a side pipe wasn't planned just happened that way we originally wanted to run it out the back and use c5 corvette tips in the center. the 720 cable wasn't even close i think we got the cable from a conquest or dodge caravan i cant remember. its running dual plugs all the time. its a ton quicker than the L20b spins the tires through 3rd when you want it too

The stamped metal valve cover, fooled me into thinking it was a Z24. It has an L series fuel pump so only the Z20 and Z22 had the pump boss machined out, but with a cover plate, the Z24 was closed off. I would say a Z22. Here's mine, a '78 also, with a Z24 with P/S pump. I don't feel so alone now.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/IMG_0437.jpg[/img]"]IMG_0437.jpg

Kudos to you and your buddy for figuring out that the L pump will run on the Z engine.

thanks for the kudos it is a z24 we used a drill and a die grinder to open up the hole it was cheaper than buying an electric fuel pump and worked really well. the ignition was a pain to figure out how to make both the coils fire but when we figured it out it ran like a top

very nice... a 2.4L

you should take that power steering pump off to save some weight. :)

No way... I need P/S to turn those 33s. Here's a pix of the hard body P/S box before the transplant. I home made a pump mount for my L20B motor and this one already has it, a little plumbing, good to go.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/IMG_0426.jpg[/img]"]IMG_0426.jpg

thanks for the kudos it is a z24 we used a drill and a die grinder to open up the hole it was cheaper than buying an electric fuel pump and worked really well. the ignition was a pain to figure out how to make both the coils fire but when we figured it out it ran like a top

Dude that is so Ratsun! Figure it out and make it work, right on. I put an L pump on a Z22 head just to see if it would fit once. Scary how similar the L and Z are.

No way... I need P/S to turn those 33s. Here's a pix of the hard body P/S box before the transplant. I home made a pump mount for my L20B motor and this one already has it, a little plumbing, good to go.

haha! That doesn't apply to you. He doesn't have power steering in the truck. You knew that and just wanted to show off your power steering assembly. :D