Seats

slodat

I picked up a couple of 95 Civic seats for $25 on craigslist. There's a small fabric tear on the driver-side that I plan to patch up (I sew and all that).

20090424_seats_01.jpg

In this shot, you can see the Civic seat next to the stock 510 passenger seat (which I have for sale, by the way). It's taller, and the headrest actually fits my head instead of my neck like the stock seat. Yes, the seat looks a little crooked in there. It's not bolted down at the moment - it's just in there to show a size comparison to the stock seat.

20090424_seats_02.jpg

Here's the passenger seat, yet to be installed.

The track on the Civic seats are wider than the 510s, but instead of moving the track or relocating the mount points in the car, I'm just going to cut and re-weld the points on the track that the bolts will go through. The front points will have to scoot back about three inches, and then I'll have the transmission-side points pointing slightly inward to fit them to the holes on the mount points in the car.

I should have it done tomorrow afternoon. More pictures coming.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20090425_bracket_02.jpg

Here are two of the seat mount holes I cut off:

20090425_bracket_01.jpg

One of the mount points isn't really set up to be cut off, so I used this one as a reference point for the rest.

Hooray for plasma cutter and welder!

I've got the passenger seat in, but I ran out of bolts (the stock seat that I pulled out of the 510 uses studs, not bolts) so I'll have to run to the hardware store and pick up some more.

• 1 month later...
the 411 seats, i cant find anything. what kind of car or truck is that?

DV

yo apollo, the 411 is a a sedan or wagon but those seats are hard to find

look into the jep cj 197something i believe 1977, i saw some on ebay and i think they will be a good fit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Front-Bucket-Seat-Low-Back-CJ-Wrangler-76-95_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1171Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4a983e97cdQQitemZ320381818829QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Edited by dat521kid
  • 2 years later...

Late-model Acura RSX seats. Black leather, driver has tilt feature and lumbar adjustment.

I, too, had to drill holes 3/4" toward the trans tunnel for proper fitment. I would love for them to be about 1.5" lower, but what can ya do?

I'm a big guy, 6'1" 285lbs. with a 44" waist :( and they fit me good!

seat%252520backs.jpg

seat%252520bottoms.jpg

seats.jpg

This seems like an old thread but I thought I'd throw in my two cents, these are junkyard third gen Prelude seats (got them for like 60 bucks) and they have crazy good sidewall for OEM seats.... but they need some pretty serious modification to get in. I had a new seat bracket put in (I'll put pics of that up soon) that is welded to the floor in place of the stock brackets. The beauty of it is that once you take the plunge it's now super easy to make any seats fit in there now.. just drill some steal to adapt to a new seat and bolt it in.

IMG_0090.jpg

Being 6'4" and deciding to drive a Datsun results in the complete and utter disuse of the back seat....

IMG_0091.jpg

I put Sentra SE-R seats in my wagon. They fit nice, are very comfy and supportive. Everybody that rides in them comments that they like them, but I'll eventually be pulling them to replace with some Corbeau old school fixed back buckets because the aesthetic appeal is more in line with my desired look.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/fixed_back_seats/classic_bucket/

A friend gave me a pair of Mazda 3 leather seats and they fit very well with little work. It only took me a few hours to fit the driver's side, just cut the Mazda rails off, drill a few holes in the channel and bolt into the stock locations. Works great and they are very supportive with tons of adjustment. I only installed the driver's side though, since I rarely carry passengers. They are heavy though, be warned if you're a weight weenie.

5364971101_181570cc55_z.jpg

I swap between that and my vintage JDM FRP bucket. A friend in Japan told me it's an old Autolook, but I'm not sure. It looks just like a TRD, but it's not a TRD!

6570782861_55b340b85a_z.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

anyone have any suggestions for seats in a 521?? ive got 2 99 silverado seats that would match my dash and are free to boot. i think they would be too tall, not sure though.

try som 85/89 mr2 seats

• 1 month later...

Does any one have or have used either the Kirkey Intermediate Road Race or the Ultrashield Rally seats? Im considering something like these for my Z

I use a Kirkey Road Race seat in my Datsun 1200 racecar. Not a bad seat, but they (or typically any aluminum shell seat) need to have the back supported by a rollbar. Generally all aluminum shell seats are not strong enough to be floor mounted only.

• 4 years later...

A friend gave me a pair of Mazda 3 leather seats and they fit very well with little work. It only took me a few hours to fit the driver's side, just cut the Mazda rails off, drill a few holes in the channel and bolt into the stock locations. Works great and they are very supportive with tons of adjustment. I only installed the driver's side though, since I rarely carry passengers. They are heavy though, be warned if you're a weight weenie.

5364971101_181570cc55_z.jpg

I swap between that and my vintage JDM FRP bucket. A friend in Japan told me it's an old Autolook, but I'm not sure. It looks just like a TRD, but it's not a TRD!

6570782861_55b340b85a_z.jpg

The Mazda 3 seats look really nice in your car. Do they sit too high? It looks like a highchair compared to the stockers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have a pair of vintage Recaro seats in my dime. They are worn and I've had seat covers on them for a while. I finally decided to redo the seats and want to emulate the vintage Datsun racing  " Kameari " seats. My local auto upholstery shop sourced the materials for me but can't find the vents. Does anyone know where I can find the perforated round metal vents at 1" diameter in a white metal or stainless steel? I found brass/gold ones but don't care for those one bit!

They are also know as ventilators and are commonly used on furniture or mattress to vent air flow.

I also have a 240z and the seats have 4 of the little vents in them. I contacted the zcarparts/motorsports in Orange, CA, they sold me the 240z seat kit, but they can't help me either.

Any help is appreciated!!!!!!!

054-9157_NissanFairladyZ-S30_Datsun240Z.

Hello everyone. I have a pair of vintage Recaro seats in my dime. They are worn and I've had seat covers on them for a while. I finally decided to redo the seats and want to emulate the vintage Datsun racing  " Kameari " seats. My local auto upholstery shop sourced the materials for me but can't find the vents. Does anyone know where I can find the perforated round metal vents at 1" diameter in a white metal or stainless steel? I found brass/gold ones but don't care for those one bit!

They are also know as ventilators and are commonly used on furniture or mattress to vent air flow.

I also have a 240z and the seats have 4 of the little vents in them. I contacted the zcarparts/motorsports in Orange, CA, they sold me the 240z seat kit, but they can't help me either.

Any help is appreciated!!!!!!!

054-9157_NissanFairladyZ-S30_Datsun240Z.

HAVE THE BRASS ONES PLATED!  Your choice of real Silver or Nickle.

Use a modification of the "Tri Chrome" process.  Do only the first two steps.  First Copper plate [i know, you have brass but bear with me, you need to cover the Tin and Zinc in the brass], then do a good thickness Nickle plate.  Skip the chrome, it would be too Glitzy.  Take it easy on the tool that swedges the back barrel section and you should be OK.  Try it on an old pair of sneakers if you are reallt worried.

• 2 weeks later...