Seats

slodat

subaru sti seats or mitsubishi evo seats would be my choice for a 510. I had test fitted a set of Momo race seats in my girlfriends 521 and they fit well... for me :D, I'm 6 foot my girlfriend she is only 5'1" so without sliders it would be a no go for her driving her own truck

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha, put them in the truck and just drive it for her... =P

I have first gen 2-door Explorer seats in mine... they're alright... they sit a bit too far forward for me unless I put the back up really vertical, but they fit pretty good and are comfortable enough...

Does anybody know any way to modify a bench into two "bucket" seats? As in, a standard bench seat that has bolsters on either side of the driver and passenger, and then a raised middle section to allow a third passenger to sit in it? Or, the same thing, but with the driver's part of the seat recessed a little bit (perhaps thinner, firmer foam?) to hug the driver more? I'd like to have something a bit sportier in my truck so I can run 4-point harnesses, but I like the utility of the third seat...

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am still looking for some front seats for my 4door. I am look for black seats that will mount as low as possible and I want to have the sliders too. I had procars in my wagon but they where too high, my helmet would hit the roof. I am 6'2" and I like to sit close to the steering wheel but as low as I can go. I also had some 240sx seats but they hurt my back, really sucked. So any suggestions would help. I still want to hear if 71dime has done the 350Z seats and some pics and comments. I am going to dig through my dime quarterly back issues I think I remember seeing an article in there. Thanks,

i have a '72 521 with the stock bench seat. and because the truck basically rides on bumpstops, the 35 year old bench is ruining my back even more than it is now with a herneated disc! so...i just bought a pair of sparco junior bucket seats... they are previous to sparco sprint seats i think?? they were on craigslist and the price was right... but i do need to find, either (A) brackets/sliders, or (B) someone that knows how to build me some brackets/sliders? these seats have 4 bolt holes in the bottom of them, so they're not side-mount brackets.

any help is appreciated. and i'll try to post some pics while i get them in my truck.

also, i'll probably put the bench up for sale here shortly. decent shape, but the stitch's are torn in the butt part on the drivers side. i'll get pics of the bench up also in the next few days.

thanks!

• 2 months later...

i had some isusu seats but i got rid of those cuz they where to stiff and got some early 90's prelude SI seats from pick-a-part when they had a 50% off sale...they are comffy and the driver seat has a nob that tightens or looses to your back...theyre perty staright...it was my dads idea he said that when he was my age he had those...

I've had just about every kind of seat in my 510s imaginable. 240-280Z seats are nice they are thin and can be mounted quite low, also worked well in my 620. I don't like any Toyota or 80's-90's Nissan seat. I am short 5'6" and I find they hurt my back on long trips, lumbar support is in the wrong spot and the bottoms are really hard, makes my butt sore. My personal favorite, short of race seats and mega dollar seats (Recaro, Momo ....) is any Honda sport seat (Prelude, CRX, Civic SI, Integra...) they are , to me, the best factory seats on the market. Yes, I know HonDUH, but I only like their seats. The only problem is the newer the seat the wider it is. I have Integra seats in one of my 510's and I had to completely make new brackets and they barely fit then i had to weld the old bracket holes up. A bit of work, but but well worth the effort. the first Honda seats I ever had were 80's CRX seats and these were easy to fit in my Z and my 510, actually easier in the 510 than the Z.

Just my experiences

Brock

'93 Volvo 850 seats... :fu:

Best seats I've ever sat in... firm without being hard, complete adjustment, heat... I've driven 200+ km's in them without any issues. Only concern could be the leather... doesn't breathe as well as fabric and tends to be cold in the winter at first... haven't tried in summer yet...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DatsuNoob

I want some lowback buckets, anyone know what type of vehicles to keep an eye out for when I'm at the junkyards? I'm thinkin lowbacks and a smaller steering wheel(to get it outta my lap) would make it a little more comfy in there.

I have the opposite problem. I'm always trying to mount seats low and right on the floor just so I have enough head room. :)

I don't ever have that problem. I'm built like a Japanese man! I'm 5'6" tall and a buck fifty. haha. all my friends feel squished on my bench seat in the 521

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DatsuNoob
Mine are 1999 Nissan Sentra. Had to cut off the Sentra mounting hardware and drill 4 new holes, but they fit perfectly on the 510 floor rails.

2398735222_5a79da96bd.jpg

Dude! I love those floor mats! Where'd you get them?

I just scored a set of seats from a Z31. They look look like they will fit, Leather was just redone and there electric. Do you guys know if they will work?

I just scored a set of seats from a Z31. They look look like they will fit, Leather was just redone and there electric. Do you guys know if they will work?

Datrod, let me know if you get them to work. I'm looking for a set of Non-electric G20 seats in black for my 610, but if I find a set of electric, I won't discriminate.:)

Just got some buckets for my '73 620 from a '91 civic, Test fitted them on my '74 620 but felt like I was driving to close to the steering wheel and the tracks didn't line up at all:(, I like that they could be LowBacks and the seats were very comfortable on my back:), Just dont know if they would work on the 620 without doing some track modifications?

trucks444.jpg

• 7 months later...

The seats in my '80 510 actually had a wider space between the tracks (15 1/2 inches from hole to hole) than most modern seats (11 inches to 14 or so) and I really hate drilling new holes in a car - especially in the floorboard.

A friend with a salvage yard let me roam his place with a tape measure. After about twelve cars I tried a 1996 Mercury Mystique. It's seats had track widths of 16 inches.

I purchased the pair for $40, removed the Mercury brackets and installed the brackets from the original Dat seats.

I lined up the front Dat bracket holes with the front Merc factory holes and ran my drill through the original Dat rear holes into the Merc frames and secured the brackets to the frames with some 10mm bolts that fit within the walls of the seat track.

The seats function just like they original Dat seats because they are using Dat seat brackets, are bolted into the Dat factory openings and the bolts are those selected by the Dat engineers.

One drawback - they are fairly tall seats even if you remove the headrests.

Guest DatsuNoob

I still havent found a pair with the backs slim enough to get all the leg room out of the confined space of a std cab 620. I need a good seat built for tight spaces and tall dudes, any suggestions? Turbo eclipse seats are heavy as shit too BTW, hence the reason they turboed them :lol: