Datsun Camper Pictures

I like.

Cut the whole back of the cab out...?

Seal cab to camper?

Any more pics?

I got a hankering for a walk through... :D

The back of the cab is gone. I made a walk through with my canopy a couple yrs ago. I dont have any oics of the cab and box welded together right now but when I remove the camper for more mods I will get some. I made it so that when I take off the camper I can bolt back in the back of the cab and back window. The seal from the cab to the camper is made temporary with duct tape and foam lol.

P8270007.jpg

P8270003.jpg

P8270009-1.jpg

P8270005.jpg

P8270006.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something looks weird, does this mobile home have dually wheels on the rear, it looks like they are missing, looks like a single wheel on the back.

You have good eyes it is a single wheel in the back I paid 600$ Thing are getting tight here an was thinking of living in it but things worked out now I will try to improve it some how

You have good eyes it is a single wheel in the back I paid 600$ Thing are getting tight here an was thinking of living in it but things worked out now I will try to improve it some how

It's supposed to be a dually, do you have the adapters? It's a roll hazzard without them IMHO. What area do you live in, state?

Don't forget abot this one for sale on craigslist. This is the oldest datsun camper I have ever seen in person or photos that exists that you could go touch if you live in this area. I can't imagine it would go up a very steep hill.

http://yakima.craigs...2548313712.html

3m83o43lf5Y45Q25U0b8fd8ae751381be1769.jpg3n53o93l95V35S35R2b8f7f38c535620a173e.jpg3n23od3pb5V05W35R1b8f371565e6881a1729.jpg

3n73mb3oe5V45W65U0b8f7c15ef20bec8137e.jpg

I was just about to post that up.

Still for sale.

Looks awesome. I saw it about 3 weeks ago

http://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/2548313712.html

• 7 months later...

Hey everybody,

I have this 1971 Datsun camper. I live in the SF bay area and aI'm not allowed to park it on the street. I've been paying $75 a month for RV parking by my house. I'm not really confident driving this vehicle.

Lately I;ve been thinking of removing the motor home off of the truck and selling it, recyling, or bringing it to some land out of state for off grid housing.

The pink slip, I think, says truck. The California registration says motor home. Anyway, I've been thinking off the motor home and adding a bed and turning it into a truck.

The good is, 1971 Datsun, 4 banger, no smog; if you live in it, no rent; cheap to insure, cheap to registe; house on wheels.

The bad is, could be hard to park in some cities, on street. Also, feels a little unsafe driving but that could be me.

What do you guys think? It would have been pretty cool if someone could restore it, enjoy it. It would have been a head turner at the Japanese import car show in Modesto on the weekend.

The motor home on the outside does look ugly. On the inside, it is all original and it looks like it all works: stove, fridge, generator, profane, but I have not tested it out. It does look like 40 years old inside but it's not that bad. And someone with some skills would be able to make this very nice.

What do you guys think?

Something looks weird, does this mobile home have dually wheels on the rear, it looks like they are missing, looks like a single wheel on the back.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone has a Datto camper they wish to sell please contact me @ justin@flynnmail.net

I know this should be posted in the "want ads" but I thought there might be more views here, thanks!

Justin,

I don't have one for sale, but I saw this one on our local CL. Its in the Phoenix area. Not for far of a drive from Paradise, Ca. It would probably need to be towed home, but maybe has potential. Anyway, just passing it along.

Dale - AZ

http://phoenix.craig...3167459219.html

5E35Fd5M33Ma3L13I6c7r7b3f51f73c4b10a4.jpg

• 1 year later...

Camper.jpg

While searching around the web looking for info regarding my current tinkering project, I stumbled across this thread.  So here's my first post, and here's what I'm working on these days.

I put more pics of the camper on another thread, located here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/62913-datsun-micro-mini-by-keystone-can-anyone-tell-me-more/

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

I've got a picture here (somewhere),of a Datsun motorhome conversion,

taken at the Datsun dealer in Medford,Oregon,in the early '70's.

- Doug

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

my 1980 Sunrader built on a 1979.5 720. It was built in Vallejo. I have removed the old interior and appliances as that was worn out and am putting in new cabinets and appliances. Also a different configuration. Not the traditional dinette layout but instead one 25" wide bed/bench seat with optional reclining back rest across the back and a 6' long workbench that runs along the drivers side aft of the bathroom. Mobile live/work space.

bosun%2BMH.JPG

• Like 1