Datsun Camper Pictures

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure the heavy duty 620 is just a 1 ton pretty much. toyota did the same thing with the 84-87 trucks. they just have a lot of leafs in the pack. the axle wasnt different either, they just had duallies. my dad has a couple sets of 6 lug dually wheels that would fit a smaller truck. he had them on his heavy duty courier for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I lived in Albuquerque, my next door neighbor had a 72 with a slide in. He got tired of his buddies running off and leaving him when they hit a hill on fishing trips. Then he got one of those sbc install kits that were available back in the day and dropped in a 283 Chevy with a turbo 350 auto, and his fishing buddies couldn't keep up with him on the hills. Amazing what doubling the power does! thumbup.gif

• 5 months later...

4358292287_8fff7754cd_z.jpg

DO WANT! I would buy that... Does the top pop up like a tent!? That would be AWESOME! Do they still make conversions like this?

EDIT:

OH EM GEE!!!! it does!

http://expeditionpor...ead.php?t=41222

I want more FN info! ( I see someone else posted a link to the CL post but it is old....)

datsun-bandit.jpg

EDIT 2

Some of you liked the white one one the previous page. I found someone selling the same style but needs lots of work.

http://cincinnati.cr...2096619305.html

HAVE A 79 DATSUN PU CAMPER WAS TOLD CLUTCH CABLE NEEDS REPLACED HAS BEEN SITTING FOR YEARS BUT RAN GOOD BEFORE IT WAS PARKED

4CYL 4 SPEED 91000 MILES RUSTY BUT WOULD BE GOOD TO PUT CAMPER ON ANOTHER TRUCK PROPANE STOVE CLASSIC NEEDS WORK BUT GOOD PROJECT FOR SUMMER

TAKING OFFERS OVER 400.00 ONLY HAVE TITLE AND WILL TAKE CASH OR TRADE FOR GOOD RUNNING TRUCK/VAN/WAGON WITH 4/6 CYL ENGINES ONLY, NO GAS HOGS

PLEASE CALL 513-783-5152 BETWEEN 10AM AND 9 PM ONLY ( AS I DO NOT HAVE A COMPUTER FOR EMAIL) THANKS FOR LOOKING

3k53m13l65T35W35X0ac5a86b7685683d1421.jpg

3nb3k03l95Y25Z25Q5ac5c256ae085e1c1f68.jpg

3ne3ka3p15V15Y15O5ac5d1c8a2ad046f14ae.jpg

The picture in post # 5. Very cool looking on a 620!!!

the sunraider is not a slide in, its a full on conversion with a pass through.

my current dream car is a 78 toyota hilux sunraider. the sunraider RV chassis is fiberglass, and has a shower/bathroom. just about all the others dont, cept the tin siding ones. every tin sided RV ive ever seen has been ugly as hell, but that datto one up above is awesome. that caball looks like the front half of a van with a RV glued on...

DOES THAT MEAN THERE IS A DATSUN VAN OUT THERE????????

google says no, well sorta. some day, mark my words...

ill have a caball, and hack it into a van :fu:

• Like 1