weber... tiny part

tnip

i circled what i think is the part, i don't have a digital cam so i can't just take a pic so if somebody has a 32/36 that could snap a pic of the drivers side of the carb so i can point at the lil brass screw that fell out that'd it help me out. i don't know what it does exactly, i think it has to do with air intake or something. i rebuilt my carb and used an o ring where i should've used a flat rubber washer, so then it wouldn't start. i realized what i did wrong and removed the o ring and didn't have a rubber washer to put in place. i kept an eye on it and it was fine for a few days, maybe a week. so i stopped worrying about it. i started it up the other day and it ran as good as it had been. idled a little while, warmed up real nice and then i revved it up a few times just cause i'm a dork and i love revving that thing. decided i didn't need to move it just then and would do it later. i went back a little later and went to start it. nothing. nothing. i look under the hood and just while inspecting the carb i notice that lil screw is gone, the lil piece that lil screw holds in place is gone and thus, it won't start. i frantically search around on the ground underneath, as i assumed it just vibrated out as it didn't have the lil rubber washer to hold it in. nothing. i look in the edge of the grass on the downhill side of the driveway.. nothing. which is what i expected cause i had just weed-eated right there... great. yard looks good, no chance of finding small brass screw.

end of story: i need this lil screw and the lil piece it holds in place. and i will use a rubber washer next time.

untitled.jpg

sorry for being such a long story about such a tiny lil screw, but i thought it'd help me look like less of a moron for not replacing the rubber washer... idk.

any help i can get would be great. like the name of that lil screw, what it does, where i can get another one. ??

thanks guys

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the part i circled is on the correct side, unless i'm reading that diagram wrong the choke that is in the foreground is on the passenger side correct? which would make the opposite side the drivers side.

redline.com, according to yahoo, isn't a website.

would this cause my truck not to start?

Does it start or not? or we have to guess?

i think its a 50 on the idle jets. well at least mine .

I think they go in increments of 5 like mine ilde jets I have (assorment)50,55 60.

so I assme 50 will be OK or just call them.

Have someone plug the hole with there thumb and start the vehcle. if it runs then its OK if not i think its something else.

Is gas going into the main barrel? cycle the linkage you shoulf see gas squirting in there!!! car should run off the carb accel pump cause your bypassing the idle and main jet and getting gas straight from the accell pump into the manifold.

getting spark?

points gapped?

wire hooked up to the coil? They fall off?

was something changed and you didnt tell us or it just stop all of a sudden?

go to a VW shop if one is local in your area. Weber parts are plentiful

i called and apparently inconvinienced (sp?) the parts guy and got a .6 in the mail. he said that's stock for that application. i don't personally know.

it's not that it just stopped, it was running, and then it was just idling and then i turned it off... ran the weedeater all around the driveway and blah blah, then when i went to crank it again it wouldn't... tried a few times and then popped the hood and noticed it was gone... since it sits for a few days at a time between drives it's possible it had fallen out the last time i drove it and didn't notice. but that doesn't explain why it cranked easily and then wouldn't crank again 20 min later... that idle jet missing is the only difference i see between the last time it ran and now.

how exactly does the idle jet work?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.