I need brake calipers for 1971 Datsun 510

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

icehouse on here Im sure has some but getting a person to send them is another thing and payment.

you sure a automotive shop cant clean them up to get them to work.

if your car is stock then its ONLY 510 brakes that will work nothin else unless you go to a 280zx strut assembley.

I had got soem stuff from Rockauto a long time ago but be careful they might lest the stuff but be out of stock like forever(NLA)

how can i tell if they are?

The caliper is pivoted in one corner, not floating, and the brake shoes are tapered from front to back [or were when new]. You swing the caliper to the side and insert the shoes so that they fill the space, wide side to front on one side and thin side to front on the rear. Look at the illustrations in the RockAuto site for a picture. P.S. it says "Akebono" on the caliper.

yes it s a 510 brake assemble

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1209978,parttype,1704

doesnt mean they have the part cause they list it you have to find out on your own if they still really carry this part.

Rockauto is just part supplier.

I think you just need to soak in a tub of break cleaner or something or take it to machine shop.REPEAT may that to machine shop and have them clean it up. This is a EZ fix if parts are nearby.

The main part you need it the round caliper part(as the whole assemblies they dont sell). the rest just soak and get a hammer to loosen it up so it slides IN/OUT

use Rockauto and do a search and look at the photos.

PS Soak it with WD40 or something/brake cleaner and get a bar or metal and get a C clamp and try to puch the pluger in and hook it back up to the try it till it loosens up

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

i have a pair ,but the last time that i shippedto hawaii i lost out,,it cost me more to ship ,,and i lost money and the buyer didnt reimburse me ,, if you want them i will need to figure out the actual shipping first,, it maybe cheeper to have your re built

Back in 2004 I searched JC Whitney and they listed Part number RC3017 loaded right caliper assembly for Akebono, manufactured by Raybestos for $94 and change. The left loaded caliper assembly was P/N RC3018, for the same $94 plus change. As I recall there was a $30 core charge, which RockAuto may not have. Also, a Boot/Seal repair kit by Raybestos P/N WK715 for $15 and change. JC Whitney also listed rear wheel brake cylinders Left Rear P/N WC37206, Right rear also P/N WC37206 For $56 and change with no core charge, also by Raybestos. Plan ahead and get the whole set? Good luck, these are really great cars.

Back in 2004 I searched JC Whitney and they listed Part number RC3017 loaded right caliper assembly for Akebono, manufactured by Raybestos for $94 and change. The left loaded caliper assembly was P/N RC3018, for the same $94 plus change. As I recall there was a $30 core charge, which RockAuto may not have. Also, a Boot/Seal repair kit by Raybestos P/N WK715 for $15 and change. JC Whitney also listed rear wheel brake cylinders Left Rear P/N WC37206, Right rear also P/N WC37206 For $56 and change with no core charge, also by Raybestos. Plan ahead and get the whole set? Good luck, these are really great cars.

Sorry, those rear brake cylinders are for the 411, not the 510.