My new B210

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The story is a long and sad one. Short version-

Car sold. Car blew up. Car came back.

Currently I am on the hunt for the cheapest powerplant i can find. Leaning towards a ford 5.0 V8 cuz they can be had with a trans for very little money and the distributor is in front so no firewall hacking. Plus there is a slew of cheap aftermarket parts for the pony cars and their engines. In the spirit of being a low budget project, the goal is to keep it under 1k in overall cost. Sounds feasible. . . .

Edited by Apollo
lighter then a 5.0 and its not a Found On Road Dead

Touche . . .I am a Chevy man after all. Not a ford boy.

I did think about the L28. But for the amount of time and energy that any swap will eventually need, i want to have the major satisfaction of hearing that V8 rumble and scream. The ability to shred tires and go really fast in a straight line is said to have therapeutic qualities.

thats why i like the 4.3 its the best of both worlds really you can still road race it yet it has enough power to throw you in a straight line rather well not to mention with the 4.3 you could probibly keep the stock firewal in tact. your only in oakland? your close enough we should get together and talk shop someday

Oh, i made my money off the little car. There was no loss on my end!:lol: Notice the engine is gone? It sold as is for a few hundred as it sat.

1st thing up on the list of stuff to do is the easiest-

Massage the fenders so i can fit the wheel/tire combo from my turbo Z and drop the car. Then of course Z brakes and some modest weight reduction. And after the new year i'll get it running with something. Ford or Chevy. Dont care much. The cheapest, most efficient V8 i can find for a few hundred.

You're right, im required to get it smogged but its not a problem. As long as the V8 is in proper running order, i can get it to pass. Ive done it before and the only thing, really, is money. It costs a little more the 1st time but after that its just a quick trip to any local station every 2 years or year.