My new B210

True. I would totaly go without bumpers for the looks but i need to stay under the local pork radar. I dont think exhaust tubing would be too bad if properly reinforced. We'll see. I'll keep you guys posted

Exhaust pipe is fine if you want a 'crumple zone' Try the 2 - 3" vertical posts from a chain link fence, they are a lot thicker and usually galvanized.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does that affect how they weld (being galvanized) ? hahaha i was just thinking it might look kinda cool to fab up a couple brackets and then just use the standard pipe clamps to hold a horizontal 3" pipe, paint it black, you could remove/repair/replace it easily if it got damaged. and it would look very industrial.

Exhaust pipe is fine if you want a 'crumple zone' Try the 2 - 3" vertical posts from a chain link fence, they are a lot thicker and usually galvanized.

Totally just gave me an idea. I'll stop by the local steel works and grab some thick gauge raw steel tubing. 12" shouldnt be more than 20-40 bucks. Then just take it to a shop to have it bent to form. Or i could heat it but i dont know if i could get a smooth bend. Maybe get a length of straight roll bar instead? Gotta look in to this one more. Thanks for the help! I'll keep you guys posted

• 5 weeks later...

Oh great, after all these years of hateing the 120Y, 120 reasons why Datsun should have left it in Japan, you make me want to rescue one to keep my 720 company. I've seen one with fence post bumpers, looks crap. I also know one that ran no front bumper, a rather large FMIC got in the way. No photos of either of them, only same the pipe bumper car once and everytime I saw the one with the FMIC there was a cop in the way, defect city on that car.

So i just bought a 1973 610 wagon for 600 bucks. Its got the L18 motor and 4 speed. I was wondering about engine upgrades? can anybody help me out, give me the basic rundown on what i should go with and where to get the stuff. What kinda power can you get outta this motor? Thanks alot in advance, im new to the ratsun scene so thanks again. NWOleman

To give it some more snap without even touching the motor, I think the 4.11 or a 4.375 rear gears from a 620 will fit the wagon's solid differential. The side gears from the wagon will have to be put into the truck diff in order to fit the wagon axles. The stock gearing for the wagon would be 3.70 or 3.90 so this is a nice street gear to get that sweet revving L18 up there and keep it there.

If you do any highway driving the mileage will suffer some, but, you could plan on putting a 5spd in at a later date. This would give you a fifth over drive gear to help compensate for the taller gears. If it's a town car this won't matter as much.

If you are sticking with the L18 a mild cam would be nice. I'm not sure what was stock with the L18, maybe the same as the L16 cam? I know that the L20B cam is basically the same as the L16SSS except for the lift. This would give a modest increase through the range. Perhaps swap the whole L20B head with the cam in it. Depending on the head, there would be bigger ports for breathing as well. You might want to go slightly more radical with the cam and get an after market one. This would depend on it you plan to up grade the intake and carb too. A bigger cam and carb will move the power higher up in the RPM range but with the truck gears this won't affect the drivability as much.

The L18 has about 90-100hp, swapping in an L20B would up that by at least 10 hp and a similar increase in torque, but best of all, you will always get more of an increase in power when you modify a larger motor.

Well that's a start. I'm sure others have some interesting cam/ carb/manifold ideas too.

Damn! Awesome. I love what you've done with it. I was contimplating removing the small quarter window and shaving it smooth withe the rest of the body, but i ilike the way yours works. Maybe just needs to be tinted. And i gotta ask, is the front lower valence custom or can i find one somewhere? Truly inspiring.

So i just bought a 1973 610 wagon for 600 bucks. Its got the L18 motor and 4 speed. I was wondering about engine upgrades? can anybody help me out, give me the basic rundown on what i should go with and where to get the stuff. What kinda power can you get outta this motor? Thanks alot in advance, im new to the ratsun scene so thanks again. NWOleman

Tip #1: Start your own thread instead of hijacking this one!!! :P

• 1 month later...

So Ive decided to sell the little 210 in favor of a 5spd 77' 620 truck with a rebuilt engine and a bunch of other new parts. Shop did hella work to it and the owner decided he wanted to dump it after the bill so the shop just wants the money for parts. 600 bucks and its mine. Overall its in great shape. Has surface rust but the bodywork needed is EXTREMELY minimal. I would just need a weekend of prep and paint to make the body look flawless. The interior on the other hand is in need of a little, er, moderate attention. New seats or re-cover the bench, dash, carpets etc. I think i would like to keep it in super clean, stock condition though. Well see . . . .

• 1 month later...

SOLD!!!

Finally got the B210 sold. Took a while, too many tire kickers. And i had to go way below what i asked for but im still making tons of profit on the car. Enough to go pick up the soon to be mine 77 620!!!! Ive had the damn truck on layaway so to speak:p. The shop that has it was starting to lose faith that i would actually come through and pick it up. Im so friggin juiced.

that makes me sad i would have rather had the b210 (but then again i have a 56 chevy for the truck department) there is actually a 77 b210 in my area for sale im not sure if it still is or not but it had a ford v6 out of a mustang 2 in it with a 4 speed thing was quick (i took it for a test drive)

• 8 months later...