do i need camber plates for the ground control weld-on 510 kit?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont "NEED" too, but how low you go may invite the "WANT" too. They will help you, if they didnt come in handy you wouldn't see so many people running them. I prefer to get everything at the same time, or at least put on at the same time. Just so I dont end up having to fix it later.

you don't really need it but it is nice to have if you have plans to do a lot of racing and or setting up for different track use. for me I run Ground Control with Tokico HP's with 280zx struts and 14" tires and it works fine for San Francisco streets. personally to get good handling don't lower the car very low or make sure you have good travel with good matched spring rate. adjusting camber will help handling but at a cost of tires getting worn out quicker. Remember you can request for coil springs rates as some ground control kits have low rates. i myself went from 200 lbs to 300 lbs and like the change. I think datsuns should do well at 300-350 rates for fronts.