made myself a strut brace today

fo0manchu

So I have that new radiator that I should put in first, but I only had time to make a strut tower brace.:D

About 15 bucks and a few hours later:

DSCF4580.jpg

It did make a noticable difference. Not a day and night difference, but enough to make it worth it. Less body roll, quicker steering response, and just overall feels more solid and less slop around turns.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks great

:D wanna make one for my 240z

If you were in my area I would definately help you out. ;)

I brushed on some por15 yellow engine paint, I think it looked better without the paint though because the paint layed down kind of clumpy. Should have thined it or sprayed it. Oh well. Maybe I can sand it down.

2eDeYe;184186'']It's "THE" word, structurally speaking. :D

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but have you not heard? Oh, you haven't heard? THE BIRD, BIRD, BIR BIRD'S THE WORD! DON'T YOU KNOW ABOUT THE BIRD? EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THE BIRD IS THE WORD! :D

Guest DatsuNoob

uhhhya.jpg

turned out pretty good! Hey Bonvo, if you could find the mounting brackets for the towers, then give me an end to end measurement, as well as how far back it is to the firewall, I could easily make you one. Maybe even take a pic of your engine bay, and scribble me up a diagram, you seem to be pretty good with photoshop.

Edited by DatsuNoob
So I have that new radiator that I should put in first, but I only had time to make a strut tower brace.:D

About 15 bucks and a few hours later:

DSCF4580.jpg

It did make a noticable difference. Not a day and night difference, but enough to make it worth it. Less body roll, quicker steering response, and just overall feels more solid and less slop around turns.

you do realize your camber plates are in wrong correct?

datsunnoob: ill take mesurements and such once i get a weber on this bad boy so i make sure it clears everything

Hope your taking into account the angle of the strut towers as well.

yeah im taking that into acount as well mines gonna be a little more difficult to make considering the down draft it might have to run along the back side of the strut towers instead of the front and i would go for the pinch weld for my back mount