620 brake booster question

the brake booster on my truck is pushing air back into the intake, it doesnt hold a vacum, and when the brakes are pressed i get very little fluid flow trying to bleed them.

question is, the check valve must be bad, i just dont know if the booster is bad, but i do know that over the years it was sitting parked. the master leaked from the back and into the booster, all the hoses are solid and not leaking air.

im just looking for tips and advice from any one that knows the system better than i do.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was parked for the winter with the hose off. I think a spider crawled into it. The next spring I finished the install and holy fuck the brake peddle was firm. Like a block of concrete but would hardly stop. Figured it was rusty rotors but last resort I swapped the in line one way valve ... BINGO!

The one way valve only allows air to be drawn toward the motor. Once there is a vacuum in the booster it is kept there. To test booster pump peddle several times with engine off to bleed away any vacuum. Push brake peddle down and hold while starting motor. As manifold vacuum rises the brake peddle should drop toward the floor slightly.