510 goon questions

Twiggz

I should be getting money for my totaled goon soon, and I plan to build another ASAP.

When I build this one up, I want to start will almost all new parts. My old method was to wait till they wore out then replace them. But because Ill be building this one from the bottom up, I figure its the perfect time to do it right.

I was looking online and found some options for TC rods and lower control arms.

So My first question is for LCAs.

Troy sells some modded stock LCAs and I had planned to go with them, until I stumbled across these.

Billet LCA

They look real nice, but can anyone see an advantage in performance for the price other then weight reduction? Or should I go with the Ermish racing design as I had planned?

Second, does anyone have experience with a rear sway bar on a goon? I've seen them on eBay in the past, and wanted to know if anyone has first hand experience with them. Does it improve handling enough to even be worth the trouble?

Thanks guys

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your going to race the goon then go with the billet lca's

if not do the emish ones. I think a rear sway bar would be a nice addition for any car. But they are pricey. Good luck with your build.

Troy runs his race car with the modded arms he sells clayton 69fjwagon runs em on his goon on the street exellent addition to jack some castor into the front end without binding the billet ones are just for a bling factor.

If the car is to be street driven and maybe mild track I would say go with stock arms with new bushings and all new bushings for other areas like TC rods and idler. get new tie rods and ball joints. I personally would not get too fancy unless you are going to track the car. save your money. you can also use the delrin ball kit with stock bushing for the TC rod and that works well.

I have a Addco rear bar on my wagon and it works well. I got lucky and found a used one with hardware but addco was nice to send me a hardware kit free just pay for shipping. they still sell the bars. right now when money gets better I want to try different rear shocks as I have tokico hp's all around but just curious about other shocks or something with more travel.

also about to change out the rear leaf spring bushings

I live in san francisco and the roads are horrible so considering how old my car is it is still ok for the streets.

you can also use the delrin ball kit with stock bushing for the TC rod and that works well.

i have this for mine. not installed yet.

EVERYONE says that its far superior.

no plans for a rear bar. my friend is installing one on his...we'll see.

Thanks guys, This will be a street car with maybe a couple of times on the track just for fun.

So as I figured the billet arms aren't worth it. I still might run with Troys LCAs, but I'll think about it. I'll be running his coilovers and camber kit (with caster). I was going to install them the weekend that my car was totaled. :mad:

you can also use the delrin ball kit with stock bushing for the TC rod and that works well.

This sounds promising, do you have any links to this kit?

Sweet! please post the bushings you found that will fit. I figured I'd have to buy some over sized poly bushings and cut them to size.

Sweet! please post the bushings you found that will fit. I figured I'd have to buy some over sized poly bushings and cut them to size.

i only found 2 of the 3 avail from nissan. dont recall which is mising???

the upper set for the R maybe???

i will be progressing on this now that i have the new leafs to install.

& the 1" lowering blocks (that dont quite fit) from canby (thanks-i forgot who i got em form here :o )

I have pics of the delrin kit on my myspace page under garagelife. I personally like the kit. easy install and cheap and does the job.

as for the rear leaf bushings I can still get those from the dealer but they don't have all of them. I am working on this to try to get all of them. I don't like using urethane if I don't have to.