Chrome windshield trim removal.

So I found someone parting out a 510 and he said I could have the front / rear chrome window trim for 40 bucks they look in great shape and Id like to keep them that way. The catch is I have to remove them myself. Is there a trick to getting them off without bending or kinking them?

thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the seal hard? What am I thinking, of course it is. I removed mine with a tiny flathead screwdriver. Slid it carefully under the outer lip of the seal, the part that keeps the trim attached to the seal and pulled away from the seal while sliding along about a few inches at a time and then lifting up, which breaks the rubber. Take your time and it will come out nicely.

So I found someone parting out a 510 and he said I could have the front / rear chrome window trim for 40 bucks they look in great shape and Id like to keep them that way. The catch is I have to remove them myself. Is there a trick to getting them off without bending or kinking them?

thanks

Use a sharp razor blade and cut around it.

Prying it out will bend those trim.

Thats kind of what im afraid of .. Since im pulling the trim off of a car that the guy is parting out then Im not sure that He will like me hacking up the seal to get the trim off..

Hey Ben,

any idea how much he wants for the windshield?

and the only real way to get this off without damage is to cut the rubber

I don't need a windshield, I only have one 510 at the moment; looking for a spare, just in case.

oh and u sir owe me a spare cover!

that comes in sets of two:lol:

will start looking for a spare as soon as i get the cover

Ill find out how much he wants for it ... that would make it easier for me to get the window trim off if I tell him that I want the whole window. then I can cut the seal...

So ... maybe I should change the title of this thread to Need tips for window removal? :D