510 hood trim - removal?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

I realize this is an old thread but it's pertinent to my situation. I have the trim piece to go on the car, I have the car....what I don't have are the tiny micro screws mentioned at the beginning of this thread. If anyone could take a quick pic of one and give me the stats on them, I could go hunting for them. As it is now, I have nothing to go on. I'm trying to find pictures or information on these but some of the small details with the 510's seem to be left out on most web sites. I'm going through some manuals still trying to find mention of them. Thanks.

I realize this is an old thread but it's pertinent to my situation. I have the trim piece to go on the car, I have the car....what I don't have are the tiny micro screws mentioned at the beginning of this thread. If anyone could take a quick pic of one and give me the stats on them, I could go hunting for them. As it is now, I have nothing to go on. I'm trying to find pictures or information on these but some of the small details with the 510's seem to be left out on most web sites. I'm going through some manuals still trying to find mention of them. Thanks.

OK, clearly as you have searched for the info, and haven't found it, and I'm feeling particularly benevolent this morning, here you go.

9e3bbee1dbe6c1b29ad342bae48b56fa_zps4be1

b398f11383075a189a49c5b2a7117b17_zps0de1

075d565781649eb53b2d9372af07e50f_zps10d2

ea5ff4029b1c50d15131895dd2258200_zps750a

BTW, I realise you are in Canada, the closest thing I had to give you a reference point in my foreign currency collection was a US 1 cent piece :)

Cheers

P.s. post if you need any more info.

Quick post edit with some important info I forgot to add.

Screw length (why am I laughing while I am typing this?) is critical, if you use longer than 10mm screws you run the risk of dimpling the front of your trim from winding the screw too far in.

Also, if you are going to test fit the screws, don't wind them all the way in unless you:

a) have the trim on the bonnet/hood (the bonnet acts like a shim),

b) are sure they are no longer than 10mm, and

c) have a washer on the screw (as per above pictures)

Hopefully this all makes sense.

• Like 1

Excellent!! Thank you very much Ratwagon 1600. That's exactly the info I need. Cheers. :thumbup:

Meh, that's what Ratsun (and The Internet is for).

I like the fact I'm on the bottom part of the world and at times I can possibly help someone on the top side :)