Mesh-71

What did you do to your dime today?

1 hour ago, shaddai said:

This is about as low as I'd want to go

This is a really good height for one that is driven often, especially "in anger".  😁

• Like 2

Got tired of spending more time under the 510 than in it, and finally gave up on the POS Ermish CV axles. They had so much play in the coupler the bolts would back out after 45 minutes of "spirited" driving. Granted that's with 370 rwhp, but shit fire and brimstone what a crappy design. Heard nothing but good things, so replaced them with the Driveshaft Shop's 944 setup. Game on!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaddai said:

This is about as low as I'd want to go - the full tire is still visible front and rear... and it doesn't look like a rally car anymore (not that rally 510's are bad, not at all... just not the look I'm going for here!)

I used to say that... now mines pretty low. I’d go lower in the front of mine but then I can’t turn cause the tires rub to much hahaha

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, demo243 said:

ok- just went and checked my setups.

the only correction I made above is the grounds for the relays. 

low beam relay is grounded always to common ground.

hi beam ground is run through the selector stalk

when highs are turned on via the stalk both Low and highs are on.

both my 510 and 620 are h4 bulb converted not that it should make a difference 

Dude lol check the diagram I did on my build thread 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jsoi510 said:

Dude lol check the diagram I did on my build thread 

Glad to hear you got it figured out!

Seems a lot of people are afraid to rewire their cars... but it’s not that bad and is so much nicer with new wires.

• Like 2

woke up made a coffee then walked pout to my guard  sat in the driver seat of   the project while I drank my coffee... best way to start a Monday!

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, Jsoi510 said:

woke up made a coffee then walked pout to my guard  sat in the driver seat of   the project while I drank my coffee... best way to start a Monday!

I used to set in my project for years thinking about her.

• Like 1

Got the head back for the Goon. Have to clean things up and mount the cam towers and cam. Hope all goes good. Then hope to get it on the motor and do any adjustments and finnish mounting everything else up and crank her up. If I get that lucky in the next few days before I go to my folks for Thanksgiving. I'm sure it won't go that fast but I'm not in a hurry. I'll probably be posting asking questions. Also bought a couple cheep spot weld cutters also after reading the post on issues on someone's frame rail.

IMG-20201122-102248.jpg

So wish me luck I have the book in my device reading it over and over.

Edited by edekalil

Gonna torque the cam tower bolts today and hope all goes good with the cam being able to turn by hand. If all goes good I'll install it on the motor. Then get everything else put on.

IMG-20201123-155359.jpg

Edited by edekalil

Got the cam towers attached now just to put the head on and torque it, I know the pattern and I read 40 ft- lbs, I thought it was more but any suggestions.