What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gonna try to get something done to the Goon and the 70 sedan if I don't get tied up with to much of other people's needs. Off this week and that seems when everyone comes over with there needs. That's what I get for being a jerk of all trades.

• Like 2

Sitting here eating Mexican food,

IMG_5591.jpg

pretending I'm in California gonna go to 510 meet and get up with Busta and Tanker for inspiration, but in reality going to the house and building to work on my chapter of the 510 in McComb, MS.

They may not be the best in the west but for sure not the least in the east.

• Like 1

Finally changed the rear wheel cylinders that at some point goofed up, so now she has good breaks. Also got a working distributor in her and now she just need a small water hose under the fuel pump replaced and some tires.

724_E0295-9_AEB-4094-_A102-72788_C10464_

• Like 1

https://postimg.cc/image/xe1tdo86x/

As of now this 70 510 has great working breaks, running great, and has all new radiator hoses and bypass heater hoses and the small 90 degree one under the fuel pump to the tube going to the intake manifold. Got to get her cleaned up now.

no idea why the oic is not showing up? Anyway the car a few post up.

Edited by edekalil
On 7/9/2018 at 4:18 PM, edekalil said:

https://postimg.cc/image/xe1tdo86x/

As of now this 70 510 has great working breaks, running great, and has all new radiator hoses and bypass heater hoses and the small 90 degree one under the fuel pump to the tube going to the intake manifold. Got to get her cleaned up now.

no idea why the oic is not showing up? Anyway the car a few post up.

Use the hot link for forum button

%5Burl=https://postimg.cc/image/qobm3j8m1/%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://s20.postimg.cc/ytto1owv1/IMG_4545.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

Ok this is what is showing up when I copy the forum hot link , it used to work but seems not to right now. I have been useing postimage

Edited by edekalil
On 7/11/2018 at 3:43 PM, edekalil said:

%5Burl=https://postimg.cc/image/qobm3j8m1/%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://s20.postimg.cc/ytto1owv1/IMG_4545.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

Ok this is what is showing up when I copy the forum hot link , it used to work but seems not to right now. I have been useing postimage

That's definitely wierd, that's how I've been posting my pics and I was able to grab the hotlink on your pic and post it....

Also seemed like the directlink might work too....

11 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

That's definitely wierd, that's how I've been posting my pics and I was able to grab the hotlink on your pic and post it....

Also seemed like the directlink might work too....

Crazy I'll try to post here now and see if it's the nut behind the steering wheel is loose?

As far as the Goon,

I took the top off the Weber carb to clean it up some because it started to seem like it was flooding ( would hardly run ). Tryed to clean it up as much as I could, then after some curse words got it back together and still she ran like dookie. So after some more playing around I got it to barely run and idle ruffly and let it run some watching the temp and after a garage full of carbon monoxide it began to clear up and I pulled it out to breath and let it run some more. Did some adjustments and then took her for a short ride. She at lest has brakes now. Got back to the house and did some more adjustments to the carb and Wala she was running sweet again. I took her to put in some more gas and then did a cheap cleaning on her ( gotta give her a good had wash now). I think the carb is doing way better than in the beginning and for sure than just recently. Gotta set the timing now and make sure she doesn't pop up any surprises on me. The plan for in the not to far down the road is to put on the fender mirrors and lower her.

l4tGitq.jpg

i got no idea on why the oics are not showing up like before? I'll have to figure that out. Had to use Imgur to get the oic to work for now.

Edited by edekalil

Got the tail lights working and the front have an issue still. Driver side works but the passenger side is very low. Took her for a ride to see Alex the Goon. Also cranked and drove the 72 sedan and 72 Goon.

IMG_5821.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • 4 weeks later...

Took it out for a spin for the first time in about a year. I decided to take a break from my massively complex telemetry system and just put it back together. However, I needed some gauges, so stripped the R33 gauge cluster I had been using, bondo'd up a new instrument cluster to put the tach, water temp, oil pressure, fuel level together, as well as leaving a spot for the AF gauge.

On the trip out, I discovered that the cotter-pin holding the brake pedal up had come loose... and right as I was turning into Home Depot to grab some stuff for the house, the pin fell out and I lost my brakes. Fortunately, I was already in a parking lot and could down-shift myself to a stop. That was scary. 

Turns out Home Depot carries cotter pins.

• Like 1

Pictures from the post above. It's not pretty yet. Most of what I've always done is just proof-of-concept, and then I end up sticking with it. 

The 4 lower gauges are all from the R33 skyline. For some dumb reason, I thought it would be a good idea to try to use it for my SR20DET install. The oil and fuel work just fine, but the SR temp sensor isn't compatible w/ the R33 gauge... so I have a temp sensor from an RB25 in my engine now. 

AF sensor is there on top.

cluster_1.jpg

The dash is going to be built up to have the above instrument cluster tilted slightly towards the driver. I'm not sure what I'll install in the old instrument location or in the glove box location. Maybe a glove box? If so, I'll have to move my instrument cluster a little to the left.

cluster_2.jpg

So... the only reason I wanted the R33 gauge cluster is because it had a built-in boost gauge that reads up to 7psi. I just needed the RB25 boost/map sensor. But it turned out that the boost gauge on the cluster I bought was BROKEN. So that sucked. Not to be undone, I had a 5v gauge sitting around, and a generic/GM 2-bar map sensor was cheap and easy enough to obtain.

5v_1.jpg

The GM Map sensor reads as follows. This is perfect.

map2bar.jpg

I did some image editing and made a background for the 5v sensor that correlates w/ the PSI and inHg.  And voila. Boost/MAP gauge.

5v_2.jpg

I just need to build up a housing for the gauge so it fits w/ the rest of the random theme of my car.

Edited by jovial_cynic