What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

I use the OEM gasket also.

But i do have a felpro and Victor Renz in my my stock of parts. Im sure for a stock or near stock motor its OK.

Its getting in the higher compression and when your overbore a L18/20 that the stock gaskets the bore nears the edge of the gasket.

So Motorsports is selling the 88.5mm at a good price what Jeff Hino has told me and would be a good time to get them.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My speakers were grounding out on the body in back. I didn't want to cut back there so I insulated the holes instead....with duct tape.

Worked on the wipers some more. Managed to get the existing wiring out of the coupler without breaking it. Replacement motor is good (mazda or something) but none of the wiring to power it works. blahhhhhhhhhhhh

Man I looked at mine yesterday. The po put in some honda seats of some kind which are comfy and look pretty good but they are NOT mounted very well. I gotta get them out and redone cause I'm guessing a good roll would probably disconnect them!

What's the part number?

i ran into a bit of confusion - i got a gasket from the guys in Vancouver, and it had a copper seal around the oil pressure feed hole and the hole in between the cylinders. the one i got from Colorado had a steel or stainless ring - both from Nissan, but both were different. i'll post pics tonight with PNs - but i guess there is more than one 'proper' gasket.:blink:

I looked at my carb some, i'm suddenly getting a bog when I floor it and a jerk if I try to cruise around slow corners in town. I found that one of the rubber plugs for the vaccum line was rotten. Replacing it help, some. Also my friend found that an old bracket on my hard fuel lines has JUST about cut through into my top radiator hose. Gonna wrap some electrical tape on it for now til I can take it off and grind or cut that off. That whole line could stand being replace with steel and insulated but that'll have to wait.

Today I took the glove box out and gauge panel out, cleaned up and wire tied all my loose wires for the car, cd player/amp, and alarm. Bought a cannon manifold for my weber sidedraft and a good condition dash pad.....I LOVE when I get things in the mail ha ha gives me something to look forward too :)

Got the dime all buttoned up with no leaks(so far) need to re-weld the throttle linkage in the morning, and take a shake down run, then it should be blue lake ready! it will be the first time I have ever been able to go to a Datsun event in my Datsun! :cool:

Took my intake/carb and header off to helicoil one of the exhaust stud holes. Looks like I'll be doing two of them as one other looks pretty boogered up too. Going to order the stud kit because i think using bolts instead is what's slowly messing these up. Oh well, good opportunity to clean up my header and paint it. It's pretty ugly.

I WAS going to take the head off to do this but dang it I don't want too. Also going to see if I can sneak the front cover off to check my chain.

my plastic side bushings on my 200sx 5 spped in my 510 disenigrated.

I went to Schucks but for got the HELP brand door hinge # 38377

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=DOR&MfrPartNumber=38377 But I found 38374 and used the bigger bushings in the kit as it has 4 different sets.

just stuck it in a vise and squeezed them on them hammered the pin thru so I could slip it in by hand.

Installed and now no slop. Better than new.

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=DOR&MfrPartNumber=38374

Edited by banzai510(hainz)