• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/25/2018 at 10:54 AM, edekalil said:

Sitting here eating Mexican food,

IMG_5591.jpg

pretending I'm in California gonna go to 510 meet and get up with Busta and Tanker for inspiration, but in reality going to the house and building to work on my chapter of the 510 in McComb, MS.

They may not be the best in the west but for sure not the least in the east.

Haha good one. Bust is da man. Looking good. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, The Taterhead said:

Ed, what is the color code of your ‘70?

It looks real close to the original color of my ‘71. 

A8-FE8130-7-E94-4-E90-953-B-D16-BF3-A5-C

Not sure but when I get back by the middle of next week I'll look and post it. And it does look a lot like your 71's color. You have one cherry looking 2 door there.

Edited by edekalil

Before eaglerock, I added a new drive shaft, replaced half shaft u joints.

Hit close to 120 on the way, all scary vibrations gone!

also replaced all the clutch hydraulics, (hosestop custom)

Had a blast with Shacks510 taking the long way home. Now I gotta work out a hesitation around 3500rpms. MSD or carbs???

This weekend I removed the old diff and driveshafts from my 510 to swap in an R180 and CV halfshafts. It wasn't quite as easy as described; "Remove driveshafts using a 14mm wrench" and "Unbolt differential securing bolts and nuts and remove from crossmember", made it seem a lot easier than in reality. To anyone who has not done this before, you need to grind the outside circumference and the top of the end of the 14mm wrench to make it narrower, to access the nuts and bolts that hold them to the hubs. Regarding the diff, once all the nuts and bolts are removed, there are two square spacer washers sandwiched between the diff and the bottom of the crossmember on the rearmost pair of vertical bolts through the diff. I drove these forward with a flat bladed screw driver until it alows the diff to be moved forward enough and the rear 40915be9b1ba38bb8.jpg40915be9b1f02912b.jpg40915be9b1f0dc681.jpg40915be9b1f17ce0e.jpgstuds are free of the moustache bar. The moustache bar can then be removed and the diff pulled back and manhandled out. I now need to swap the driveshaft flanges on the new/ old diff and swap over the bolts on the stub axles.

• Like 3

I settled in on an LDPerformance boost controller for my turbo. $160 for a fully controllable boost solenoid, with built-in pressure sensor, and ability to modulate the boost on the fly w/ gear or tach signal, or run a set-and-forget boost setting, AND be able to toggle between the two options? Yeah. It's everything I would have designed myself if I felt like taking the time to program it all. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the exhaust mostly buttoned up. i still have an exhaust leak somewhere, as I have rich exhaust fumes pouring into the cabin when I'm pushing the engine hard. It's coming up through the transmission tunnel... which needs to also be sealed up. But at least with it open, I can tell that there's an exhaust leak.

Next up is trying to decide if I want to get the auxiliary idle valve installed, or if I want to just deal with feathering the idle until it warms up each time. 

On 11/8/2018 at 2:33 PM, The Taterhead said:

Ed, what is the color code of your ‘70?

It looks real close to the original color of my ‘71. 

A8-FE8130-7-E94-4-E90-953-B-D16-BF3-A5-C

I finally got to looking for the color code, sorry for the delay. There was no sticker on the front support to the left of there the hood latch is mounted.

IMG-20181202-143818.jpg

There was a emissions sticker to the right so I could feel the stamp under so I had to get slick about it.

IMG-20181202-143826.jpg

The code is Orange 918

Edited by edekalil
12 hours ago, edekalil said:

I finally got to looking for the color code, sorry for the delay. There was no sticker on the front support to the left of there the hood latch is mounted.

IMG-20181202-143818.jpg

There was a emissions sticker to the right so I could feel the stamp under so I had to get slick about it.

IMG-20181202-143826.jpg

The code is Orange 918

Very slick solution. 

Well I found and rounded up all the tools or most to pull the head off the Goon maybe next week. As well found the original gas cap or the one it had when I got her in 88. So I reunited it with her.

IMG_20181203_120318.jpg

IMG_20181203_121703.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 2
On 12/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, edekalil said:

IMG-20181202-143818.jpg

IMG-20181202-143826.jpg

The code is Orange 918

Hmm. Different code obviously but it looks really close in pictures. 

Thanks for checking on it. 

• 2 weeks later...