What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

I am tired of the guys in the trucks section having all the fun, So I decided to start a thread here for the dimer's

Today I tore down a su dual choke cable and rebuilt it with all new cables and housings, installed it in my dime and it works great! :D

Now come on, I know somebody else did something to their 510, so lets here it.:lol:

• Like 4
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

woot :D well today i hand polised my 14x8 slot mags that was a bitch but they look bad ass :D

Yeah, hand polishing wheels really takes it out of you! I had to do that to mine as well, not my most favorite thing to do, thats for sure.:D

... turned the idol up a tad, ... and drove that bitch! =]

frank is quite the idol ;)

i bought lots of oil for the sedan :lol: so i could take it out for a mounatain romp this sat!

for the goon, i now have the motor in MY garage. finishing pieces being installed and setting up the cam.

the FI system should be here next week :D

and if staring counts, i did that too :blink:

• Like 1
I am tired of the guys in the trucks section having all the fun, So I decided to start a thread here for the dimer's

Today I tore down a su dual choke cable and rebuilt it with all new cables and housings, installed it in my dime and it works great! :D

Now come on, I know somebody else did something to their 510, so lets here it.:lol:

Any pics? I want to see how nicely it turned out.

• Like 1

Today I got a new hood trim in the mail and stripped the black off of my eybrow trim and bottom bar to match my new chrome grill. and polished em up a bit.

now im at work ... :mad: .....but

Tonight im either going to slap in my new b&m short shifter or start working on swapping out my rear end for the r180 lsd i got sitting here.

Well, on Sunday I finally swapped rear hatches. I only bought the "better" hatch about 18 months or so ago. Best part- no more crappy aftermarket defroster wires to look at.

Swapping hatches followed the 4th of July project of getting the thing to idle again- it still has a Hitachi, and the idle circuit plugged up. Just took the idle cut solenoid out and blasted the port with 100PSI air. It idles now.

Now I just need to get the gauges working (the temp and fuel gauges read 2X correct, peg out at halfway- only when it's over 60 degrees) and bleed the rear brakes. Then it'll be driveable again. Ugly, but driveable.

Oh, and I finally got the 4th hubcap put on.

Bent the line for the nitrous purge and rerouted the nitrous feed line to give enough room to make it to the solenoids. Replaced part of the turbo drain line back to the pan and managed to crossthread one of the bolts, got lucky having a 8mm x1.25 tap and die to repair the threads and damaged bolt.

Drove about three blocks and had the gasoline fuel pump die while at an intersection , 45 min. and AAA tow truck later found a bad fuel pump relay and broken electrical conector.

Any pics? I want to see how nicely it turned out.

I knew that I should be taking pics, but didn't I will pop it out of the dash and snap a pic of that end, I used bike brake cables and housings, fit like a glove, and works real smooth.

Hey man...great job robbing this thread from the truck section...after it was robbed by a Datsun guy from a VW site!:D

Haha...I will have a 510 someday and when I do...i will do something to it...and after that happens, I will post it all up in this hizzie!:cool:

• Like 1

I put a ratsun sticker on mine. last friday I scrubbed down my z rims though and polished em up. They are not so shiny now though. just bright white. Shine to come.

3701974797_f448d38ee8.jpg?v=0

you can see somewhat how shiny they are now though. also realizing that I should have cleaned the glass. I think I just wasted this sticker.

Edited by ichorid
  • Like 1

I installed an electric fan,and sync'ed the su's so that is some good forward progress, but then I figured out that my lights are not working, damn.... at least I have something else to do right? (Not like I really needed to add anything else to my arm length to-do list though) :blink:

• Like 1
I put a ratsun sticker on mine. last friday I scrubbed down my z rims though and polished em up. They are not so shiny now though. just bright white. Shine to come.

3701974797_f448d38ee8.jpg?v=0

you can see somewhat how shiny they are now though. also realizing that I should have cleaned the glass. I think I just wasted this sticker.

dont forget to peel that plastic off the sticker

• Like 1