weber linkage

sdsurf

I took the linkage off my hitachi and put it on the weber to use the same throttle cable. Problem is the throttle cable appears to long. I can't adjust it anymore to get it tight. How do you guys run the throttle for your webers?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats cant be.

just mount it using the mount the was org with the cable.

Might have to oblong the holes since a weber adapter the hole spacing is farther.

hainz,

do you have a picture of yours?

Mike

I put the lever on the lower left where the cable attaches off this hitachi onto the weber...

101_0100.jpg

Edited by sdsurf
thanks mark, looks like I will just have to adjust a little as you went the same route. Did you have to do any adjustments to the weber when you put it on or was it out of the box and drive?

Bought it used from a ratsun-eer. Opened box,bolted it down,adjusted the idle after i got it to fire & ran good after that.

heres a photo of my cable mount.

Its the stock 521cable bracket I had to slot the holes in the mount as the weber adapter the hole spacing will be farther out. or there is cable mounts in a new kit. You can also adjust the cable abit by adjusting the threader end of the cable in or out to get rid of some slack in the cable bfore it lines and and wraps up in the cable puller linkage thing!!!!!!!!! notice 2nd photo in from is the cable mount bracket that would fit the weber adpater at the top for the hole spacing.

rightsidetruck motor_thumb.jpg

webercarkitt_thumb.jpg

heres a photo of my cable mount.

Its the stock 521cable bracket I had to slot the holes in the mount as the weber adapter the hole spacing will be farther out. or there is cable mounts in a new kit. You can also adjust the cable abit by adjusting the threader end of the cable in or out to get rid of some slack in the cable bfore it lines and and wraps up in the cable puller linkage thing!!!!!!!!! notice 2nd photo in from is the cable mount bracket that would fit the weber adpater at the top for the hole spacing.

I have the kit from the second pic. I used the weber mount you are referring to but it looks as if you used the original hitachi. I will see if the original hitachi gives it a longer throw.

I have the threader end all the way adjusted which is where my problem lies.

- the weber I have is a brand new kit from redline. will i need to adjust the idle or should it fire up directly out of the box?

I use the orginal 521 cable mount as I did not have a new weber in a kit with that correct cable mount holder. But I would call it a Hitachi mount. But yes I used the Hithachi part that th cable lays and the Lead end goes thru that hole. I did use some washers to extend it out more but just enought where I had the locking hex nut and that specail washer that has the tab to lock it to prevent the hex nut from loosening up.

the weber should fire up after it fills up with gas thne see what happens.

adjust the mixture screw in out. time it then do it all over again then set the speed screw to get the idle rpm what you want it.

of coarse do this warm and maybe with the vacuum adv hose off or plugged but I really find no difference.

PS if this is a U67 open chamber head the car/truck might have dieseling proplems which is common if you dont have a idle cutoff selinoid as the stock later Hitachis had these. But since you have a 521 I assume no maybe a automatic chke wire from the firewall and use can use that for the eleltric choke if you have one.

PS if this is a U67 open chamber head the car/truck might have dieseling proplems which is common if you dont have a idle cutoff selinoid as the stock later Hitachis had these. But since you have a 521 I assume no maybe a automatic chke wire from the firewall and use can use that for the eleltric choke if you have one.

yes to the above. I have an L20b in it now. The original had the electric choke hitachi so I am using that wire to the carb.