been offered an s110 sylvia (200sx)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a JDM S110 Silvia and called the 200sx in NA and powered by the Z20E motor.

s110-silvia.jpg

Best bet is to try and find a JDM Z18ET motor and swap the turbo and exhaust manifold and the complete EFI system (ecu and all) over onto the Z20E motor. The Z20E's EFI is not the same as that on the Z18ET which is too bad

I'd love to get the z18et injection but I doubt I'll ever find it. I do have a source for an inexpensive AIC so I can add 1 or two extra injectors that come on under boost. All I'd have to do is come up with a manifold, turbo, boost pipe, bov and an intercooler ( I have the intercooler).

I've driven turbo Saab's for years, but still don't know a whole lot about putting one on any other engine. You might look around for a used Saab turbo, I know the intercoolers are fairly sought after by the Honda crowd. The 16V is a bit more common, but the AIC/Turbo setup on the 8V is a bit simpler.

I'd love to get the z18et injection but I doubt I'll ever find it. I do have a source for an inexpensive AIC so I can add 1 or two extra injectors that come on under boost. All I'd have to do is come up with a manifold, turbo, boost pipe, bov and an intercooler ( I have the intercooler).

The S12s had a CA18ET. It was set up for boost. Use the Z20E plenum and intake and 'graft' the CA18ET ECU wiring, sensors and air box onto the Z20E intake. The injectors were probably the same. Damn, that's a good idea.

the owner has two and both are very straight but he liked the older nose so the one offered has mismatched bodywork. He asked me to make an offer so I come to you for advice on what to offer.

Details:

1981 200sx

z20e 5-speed runs really smoothly

interior I would give a 5-10 due to being mostly disassembled front bumper is there just not yet installed

body maybe 6-10

it has factory alloys and newish tires.

also it comes with extra parts how much I'm not sure

help me make a good offer.

Photo of exterior below.

IMG_0044.jpg

Edited by philip1