521 Brakelights

kansascity1

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on the 71-72 its a switch at the pedal. earlier years have a pressure valve sitting on top of the brake line junction block. sounds like you have a pressure switch operated light switch. it looks like a oil dummy light pressure switch.

oops i guess i dont even know what your working on. well thats how the 521's are at least.

You can find almost any brake switch for the pedal...I saw a new one on ebay recently. I ran wires from the pressure switch to the brake pedal and took the switch off a later model truck. The pedal switch will react much faster than the pressure switch.....I'd highly recommend putting the switch on the pedal!!

I've gotten them off several different kinds of rigs at the scrapyard. A couple came with small flat brackets with two holes. One hole for the switch, the other went over the pedal stop stud. The pedal stop is screwed into it's bracket and has a lock nut on the side away from the pedal. You can take that nut off and put the bracket on....then put the nut back on.

Don't forget to get some bullet connectors at the parts store....unless you're connecting it permanently. The pressure switch end will need two male connectors to plug into the harness. All the pedal switches I've seen have male bullets so you'll need two females for that end.

The factory number for the 521 switch is 25320-A6900 you can try a dealer with that number.

I tried nissanparts.cc but they came up with the same thing for that and the accelerator cable....so you'd want to contact them first and have them research it before you ordered it.

I only have one or two good ideas a year....that was one from a year a couple of years ago. Funny thing is, I drove her truck everyday for a year with no brake lights because I removed the pressure switch when I put the disc brakes on. I couldn't believe that I went an entire year with no brake lights and never got hit!!! Or even pulled over!! Unreal!! I was driving around 300-400 mile a week at the time on the highways! Anyway....I took the switch and bracket off another 521 I had and ran the wires....only took about 15min to get the brake lights working again :)

I've been running this thing around for 5 months with virtually no brakelights and no one ever said a word. I took the bracket off of my clutch and just bolted it to the back side of the brake pedal stop. Worked like a champ. Now with a slight tap of the brakes the lights come on. Amazing.