I noticed not many Ratsuners run tinted windows

Nope...no tint for this old guy. The look I am still aiming at is pretty Hotrod...so I am gonna leave it off.

While I agree that it does help keep it cool inside...I think it looks like I am trying to make my truck look like something I am not.

:D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for me i wouldnt tint for looks.... i do it to keep temps down, save th interior from fading, and privacy..... makes it harder for crooks to see if there is anything worth stealing out of my car...... and it helps block those annoying 4x4's headlights in my back window at night.... my first car (1979 rx7) came fromt the factory with limo tint on all the back glass... stayed super cool in the summer, but at night i couldnt see a darn thing behind me, not even the cop that was following me for miles .... oops...:o

In the desert states window tint darkness is not regulated and for good reason.

I tinted all my older Datsuns I had. I even tried and failed to get a good clean tint on the curved back window of the purple 280ZX. It wasn't perfect so I removed it immediately. Otherwise I love tint. I just haven't gotten around to doing it on my more recent cars. Frontier, 350Z, and 280ZX will all get tinted. Even the Fairlady...

j/k :D

ur avatar looks cool, thats urs? i have a friend out here in pamdale with one has the mr2 motor in his...

thats my previous 1200 i had, i sold it awhile back, i have another one that i'm working on, its painted Grabber Orange, just picked it up recently, drove it from Fontana

in california, you are actually not allowed to tint your front side windows at all,even though some cars come factory with it (like 2004 evo's) buddy got a fix it ticket for his....

and your front windshield, if i remember correctly can be tinted 4-6" down from top....

I run tinted windows on the side. Grey, allows me to see out at night. I tinted those myself, but I will be having the hatchback glass done professionally. I have to be careful with the tint though as I am not running side mirrors, thus visibility is very important.

Cali's tint laws suk but i really don't like tint. pulled it off of my accord and off all the windows in the datsun... when i'm done my truck will be full show i like people being able to look in and see my interior. besides thats what i bought an alarm and a car cover for:p

i honestly like tint but not limo black. I think a light tint or a light mirrored tint looks very classy. If you use 50% and up mirrored tint it will actually make your glass look brand new and very shiny. The plan for my datto is 50% or so on all windows (windshield included).

Right now my toyota doesn't have tint and im kicking myself for it because that almost fully charged R-12 A/C system doesn't do a thing when the sun is beating in the windows.

I'm not sure if I"m going to tint my car or not right now. In Kansas City in the summer time interior temps can get 110+ after sitting all day, but my baby does sit in the garage, and I would like to track my car so a nice clear view all around the car would be a good thing.

My wife's car is tinted and my Mazda will get 20% all around.