'78 B210 - New daily driver

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ggzilla - Do you know if MONROE Part # 73949 Sensa-Trac Strut Cartridge is a gas strut?

NISSAN 200SX (1980 - 1983)

NISSAN 210 (1979 - 1982)

NISSAN 210 DELUXE (1980 - 1982)

NISSAN 510 (1978 - 1981)

NISSAN B210 (1974 - 1978)

Currently $26.99 ea. on sale at rockauto.

Thanks for all of your comments on this, I'm working on acquiring another '78 for parts. Really hoping to pick it up within the next 10 days. No title, so I'll be stripping it, it's a fastback so the rear springs are different, but almost everything else I need looks to be there. This way I can cut the front springs and rebuild the struts on the parts car and not have the driver down waiting my slow butt. Plus if I screw it up, I'll have a set of stock stuff to put back in.

I pulled the fascia off the heater controls today and lubed and freed up the Off/Vent/Heat/Defrost mechanisms. The handle is broken off, so it was set in the Vent position all the time. Scared myself silly last night trying to drive it home in the damp and fog with just cold air blowing on my legs.

Got a little crazy and spent money I shouldn't have and picked up this:

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

It's not perfect, it does have one small 'dent'. Looks like someone poked it with a pen. The discoloration you see is just moisture, it was out in the car.

IMG_2649.jpg

The guy had it on CL for $40. It belonged to a friend of his who had a B210 15 years ago, and recently moved. It was up on a shelf in his garage, and he didn't want to move it. The guy I bought it from doesn't own a Datsun or any other parts. What are the chances that he was about 4 blocks from my grandad's place? Needless to say, I'm really stoked about it. Anyone want to buy it for $200? :lol: It will go in my car eventually...I think...

Planning to pick up a '78 B210 parts car in the next couple of days. U-Haul's calculator for the tow rig setup says that I'm supposed to disconnect the driveshaft on the 210. The only listing is for a '1978 Nissan 210', no B210 option.

Do I need to pull the driveshaft? It will be a standard tow dolly, front wheels up. About 150 mile trip one way.

ggzilla, I was pretty sure the Uhaul thing was hinky. You answered my question though. :)

Turns out this is going to have to wait. The wife did say I could bring it home if I had it stripped and sawzalled, and to the recylcer in 24 hrs.

Anyone up for a pulling party?

• 3 weeks later...

looking good... let me know when you can make it up this was and we will look at making the fiberglass reproduction parts you want...like i said i still have some BRE parts to make molds of and the Z flares... may have an air dam that will work for you also ....

Well, I'm bummed, but the B210 just sold. I sold my Saab 900 last week. My new daily driver is an F-150. bleah.

Is there any interest in fiberglass dash pads for the B210? ctmandu manufactures some really quality stuff in Salem, OR and thinks he can reproduce these. The one I have is SO nice, I'd like to share the wealth and see if it can be used to make several more. I think ctmandu has a website, but if you'd like to look over some of the items he's currently producing check this thread out.

Found his website here.

Should I start a poll on this?

Edited by nukeday
add link
  • 5 months later...