Need weber help plz!!!!!

RatRod25

Yeah i never cranked on the idle/mix screw.. But how simple are they to rebuild?? Ive re built a edelbrock that was on my bronco and that was pretty simple... Where is a good place to get a rebuild kit?? An while im in there do you think i should rejet it?? Because it runs rich, but that could be because it not gettin enough air?? Maybe i dono....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you leave the ignition key ON the plate will open. Or it should.open as the Coil inside the round thing heats up the plate. Let it dle till it opens all the way or adjust it. work in this first.

OK now the mixture screw shouls be about 1.5 turns out from bottom. Now 99% of Weber I out on Run not matter what the jetting is as all the ones I put on are close enough for Datsun work.

If truck idles, to me there is no vacuum leak. Now if you wrench on the hex nut on back with the plate closed maybe you bent it or put a tension on there were it will cause this. I did this to SRSANDS car when cking it out. I tightened it with the throotle plate closed kinda over wrenching it and right off idle it would bog. I loosened it up then it was fine. Only reason I tighten it too much was he didnt have the then washer that comes with the tab so the hex nut wont loosen. We just used a lock washer and hex and hope that will hold.

Also if BOgs is the accell pump working? Do you see gas being squirted in on the main barrel. Cycle the linkage. Ever time it cycles gas should squirt in there.

Also a BOG is the timming is Off. timming plare is to one side to barely get in time.

also since you have a dual plugHead/dizzy you got the BTDC and ATDC plugs correct???????

Webers the rebuild it is shit in my opinion, its just a gasket, a accell pump diaphrame and a needle valve.

That carb look to new to need a rebuild. I have 20year old webers and never had a part fail. Dirt was the main proplem.had a bad condensor on a dizzy once which gave same proplem but you have elelctric ignition so I rule that out

Have you ck the idle jet on the main sid eof carb also to make sure clean but if it was plugged you would not be able to idle anyways.

The truck ildes decent has a small miss every now and again... But i can turn the idle mix screw in and out and it does not change how it runs at all... and the choke doesnt open fully at idle, and if i open it fully the truck dies... It drives ok other that it will blow a lil black smoke under medium exceleration, and alot at WOT- but thats probably to be expected.. But my plugs are full of soot...

I forgot to mention (Like Kamakazi said,air leak)

if one over torqs the nut bolting down the carb and you use the thin carb adapter thay can crack and cause this.

remove carb and se eif a hairline crack is somewhere.

Sorry I forgot to mention this.

If you have a 3/8 or bigger adatper its unlikey they will crack.

middle one is photo are the cheap ones prone to cracking

carbadapter5speedxmenbers_thumb.jpg