Old nissan v8

Can I Just hijack this thread for about 10 seconds please.............................now then as everyone knows I am a very SENIOR memeber of this group (66 yrs young) and I need to tell each of you that I am shocked and mildly surprised and very proud of all of you...I thought that for the most part alot of you were just "party hardy" guys with some basic knowledge of cars and such...DAMN am I wrong..the depth of this discussion is overwhelming and quite informative to me...Now I KNOW why i spent that time in the Jungles of Southeast Asia back many years ago...I was protecting your right to be as intelligent as you are...................Thanks guys for restoring my faith in the generations after me.........................................Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!!!! LOL

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW- I found some OLD AMC motor in a 63 willy's wagon at the local junkyard and it had the dizzy in the back but also at an angle, kinda crazy looking abomination. peace.

That would have been a Nash motor. The 327 Vigilante V8, a 90 degree V8 (hella torque). That was back when Kaiser owned Willys-Overland and the Jeep name overtook Willys.

yea i was reading about the L right after i was readin that about the Y. and i think it's interesting, people always say they copied... they didn't just copy... they improved on the mercedes design so much that it was no longer nec. for prince to get permission to produce it because it was no longer a copy, it was like an evolution of the basic design.

An old friend had this Mercedes, early '60s I think. It's an OHC motor but weather the L is based on this I don't know. Sort of similar.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Photo0019-1.jpg[/img]"]Photo0019-1.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.