810!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main difficulty with an IRS swap is the struts. Welding in something beefy enough in the upper fender wells to support the weight of the car where load was never meant to be supported by the wagon's frame. I was considering an IRS conversion in my wagon, but think I'll 3 link it eventually.

See, I didn't know if the wagon frame might have the Sedan mounting poins for the struts and whatnot, just covered up.  On Volvos, they tend to do that sort of thing a lot.  Pull up the carpet for a base model and there's all the wiring for every option, just plug it in.

Sadly, Nissans are not as modular as Volvos. The rear floorpan is completely different.  :sleep:

Yep cars are one of the worse invesments you can get into everyone knows that but for the love of what we like doing we keep them. In the recent years seen a couple of a 810 that were priced so high that it questioned If the person is using it as bait or are plain dumb. Don't get me wrong there rare but rare doesn't always mean $$$ if its rare I would keep it. If you take your time and look at the value of 810's there not priced high at all but if someone is willing to pay what you want then it's a win for you.

Yep cars are one of the worse invesments you can get into everyone knows that but for the love of what we like doing we keep them. In the recent years seen a couple of a 810 that were priced so high that it questioned If the person is using it as bait or are plain dumb. Don't get me wrong there rare but rare doesn't always mean $$$ if its rare I would keep it. If you take your time and look at the value of 810's there not priced high at all but if someone is willing to pay what you want then it's a win for you.

In my experience, rare almost never translates to value.  Value is related to desire, which sometimes can be produced by rarity.  But no matter the attributes of an object, if they don't arouse desire, they do not pertain to value.

That's monetary value, of course.  The rarity of my 810 gives it a lot of personal value, same with the memories shared within it.

• Like 2

It's funny to people at the junk yards just assume because were after datsun parts we have lots of money to spend. The guy at a yard in ukiah wanted 20 dollars for a 210 corner light, just trowing out outrageous prices. After watching shows like dessert car king and wheeler dealers it seems cheaper to have someone else do the work for you. Those guys barely make any money and there pros.

In some places it catches on to people that think Datsun parts are worth big bucks although there is quite a few Datsun parts that are worth a good penny. For instance a LD28 diesel crank is worth about $500, aftermarket twin cam head for the L6 OS Giken head is worth about $80k-$100k including other twin cam heads.

I love the fact that theres people that take great care of there car for that I would mostly pay the asking price as long as it's not an exaggerated price. If that 810 sedan was a wagon that clean and manual trans which is hard to find then $4000 isn't a bad price.