810!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the 810 got like 5  engine variants  

The Bluebird Series evolved again in July 1976 with the new 810 designation. Choices included the 810, P810 and G810 lines. Your choices swelled to 25 models with L16, L18, z18et, L20, L24 and L20b engines on the menu. 1600 Deluxe, 1600 GL, 1600 GL-L, 1800 Deluxe, Z18et turbo SSS, 1800 SSS, 1800 GL-E, 1800 SSS-E, 1800 SSS-ES, 2000 G6, 2000 G6L, 2000 G6E, and you guessed it the 2000 G6EL... all available in sedan and hardtop

I ran SM performance needles on a l24 with just about the same comp and was fine. Lesser stock needles would be fine too. I wouldn't worry about it.
cfm flow differences are negligible.  

Besides if anything was to be changed it should be that motor or comp lol. 

I ran SM performance needles on a l24 with just about the same comp and was fine. Lesser stock needles would be fine too. I wouldn't worry about it.

cfm flow differences are negligible.  

Besides if anything was to be changed it should be that motor or comp lol. 

Changing the comp or engine is more work than I'm willing to put in for the gain.  If I was going to tear out the 2.4, it might as well get a 2.8.  I just want to swap out the FI and give it carbs, I don't want to do a heart transplant.  Maybe down the road it will get a high comp 2.8, the Mpgs would probably be better.  Right now, the Mpgs are good and I like the cheap low octane gas.

Hm.  Do you know the compression ratio of the L24e in the 1979 model 810?

Here's something to go by, found this it looks like its from a magazine it says the compression ratio was 8.9:1 for the Federal-Trim and 8.6:1 for the California 810's ; 120bhp @5200 rpm, 125lbs @ 4400 rpm (118bhp in California)

1979Datsun810Coupe.jpg