810!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a door, trunk lid and the tailights for the coupe lol. They are a sweet car though for sure 1.1k isnt bad if its in good shape. Im in the process of rebuilding my sedan I have been extremely lucky in finding parts but its very rare to find what your looking for. Ive came across every body style so far

The maxima is a completely different car from the 810 aside from the engine. Remember the 810 has been around since 1977 I'd like to think they passed some of the 810 suspension parts to the 280zx if not identical. The 280zx subframe will bolt right up on a 810 coupe, I basically have a whole write up for a 280zx rack & pinion steering to go into the 810 some welding and milling.

• Like 1

The "Maxima" 910 is the same as the 2nd gen "810" 910 except for badging and trim. 1st Gen "810" is totally different. Gotta love Datsun marketing.

Yeah we know that I think you and others have already made it pretty clear on top of me already knowing it before hand and I know what you mean maxima was badged differently the first two years (81-82) as the 810 "maxima I think they wanted to known it was like the 77-80 810 which was a zero gen in my eyes because of the drastic change they made.

All that was mentioned was parts that can be used from the 81-84 maxima on the 77-80 810 as you can see that's how this topic got made because that second to last owner of my 810 had it. Anyone that says datsun 810 my first thought is 77-80 810 not the 81-82 810 maxima I just call all first gen maximas as they are considered just Maximas.

A large portion of Datsun LCAs are "interchangeable". 

There are two basic designs, one with a bolt going through the crossmember and the arm "inside" the crossmember (double-shear), and ones that have a "pin" sticking out one side of the crossmember and the LCA bolted to the end of it (single shear).

If you stick with the same design, they should always bolt on. Some are different lengths than others (which is a cheap way to change camber), but they will "fit".