Phoenix Datsun meet and greet

ggreen

Ok. well ive had alot of guys well not a ton but enough say they would like to get together sometime so i figure ill try and get the ball rolling. i am pretty new to the valley so input would be great on a place i figure we could reserve one of the picnic areas at a park around the city, anything other than a parking lot lol.

as for the plans a rough draft of ideas i have, meet and greet around lunch time and have a potluck style bbq, burgers, chips, soda, beer if your not planning on driving too soon no need for tent city. any way durring the meet and greet i figure we would also do a kind of show and shine. so that would take place from 11am till around 1 ish followed by a cruise to somewhere cool so we can get some good photos on the road. we could also reverse it meet up around 3 or 4 pm then cruise off to somewhere for a drink and a meet and greet.

ok well ill get some places or parks scoped out and my camera is def ready to go so who else is down for a great time and getting to know some other datsun guys around the valley. i really hope this takes off even if its just 2 or 3 cars we can make it grow. lol itll be hot datsun nights/days :D get your ideas on here im thinking that next weekend im down for the first installment of the meets.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's do this as the first meet for the new Desert Datsuns club. I have a list of ~47 people, so I'd be happy if even 1/5 of them showed up.

I was going to wait till the end of summer to really get things going with the club, because most of us don't have a/c in our cars......and it's hard to get the guys to come out when it's 110 degrees outside. I'd wait on the drive portion for a few months, and then maybe we could run up to Canyon Lake, that's a good drive, and not far.

I like the BBQ idea at a park, but would also suggest the Cars&Coffee at Bondurant at 7am on the second saturdays of the month, or a late afternoon/evening meet somewhere.

Also gotta pick which side of town. The west side guys have been voicing they want to do something. There's a bunch in the Mesa area, but none in the northeast area.

Maybe even a thing at Tom's shop? Plenty of parking there, and somewhat central for the west side.

If we do the west side, I'll have 3 classics there.

I'll need someone to drive one of them for me, but I'll be there. :)

I agree that we need to wait until it's cooler tho - 110 degrees in a 63 Datsun and I'll be a blabberin' idiot by the time I get there.

If we do the west side, I'll have 3 classics there.

I'll need someone to drive one of them for me, but I'll be there. :)

I agree that we need to wait until it's cooler tho - 110 degrees in a 63 Datsun and I'll be a blabberin' idiot by the time I get there.

I would be glad to help you get your classics to meets and shows when it gets cooler:lol:

The 91st ave and Northern thing seemed to be a decent spot. Much more parking than the 83rd ave and Union Hills. The 83rd show tends to run out of space almost all the time, so if we did it at 91st we'd have a better chance of parking in a group.

The 91st ave and Northern thing seemed to be a decent spot. Much more parking than the 83rd ave and Union Hills. The 83rd show tends to run out of space almost all the time, so if we did it at 91st we'd have a better chance of parking in a group.

Man I really liked that place and I think the park as a group thing would work really well there . I regret not bringing my pos 620 but me and my 620 will be there with bells on this coming Friday:D

Ok, I'll post to the rest of the local guys about meeting next friday.

If we use this spot on a regular basis, I may not be able to make all the meets. I travel for work, and sometimes don't get back until later on fridays.

We'll probably still need to do something on the east side as well, since it's a haul for the guys in Mesa.

There's also the actual cruise night on Mesa's main street, the second friday of each month. Very cool to watch and hear the cars rumble down the street.

Ok, I'll post to the rest of the local guys about meeting next friday.

If we use this spot on a regular basis, I may not be able to make all the meets. I travel for work, and sometimes don't get back until later on fridays.

We'll probably still need to do something on the east side as well, since it's a haul for the guys in Mesa.

There's also the actual cruise night on Mesa's main street, the second friday of each month. Very cool to watch and hear the cars rumble down the street.

Yeah I can go to the east side when it cools off or I do my a/c for now tho I got to stay out west . I do want to meet all the locals and the only way to be fair about it is to attend meets over younder

This friday? Uhhh maybe i dono, it was running real bad the last couple of days. I missed real bad off the line but ran ok once i got up in the rpm's. But i did a compression test sat and had 130psi in 1,2, and 3 but only 60psi in 4 :( so... But for sure the next meet!! Take a bunch of pics for me!!!

nice ride dude, would love to see in person, if at all possible to bring it out to the cruise spot, or maybe in the future?:D

thanks man!! It looks good from far, but far from good! lol but wanna bring it and see some true datsun!!

• 3 weeks later...