'78-81 510 parts cheap to free

I know these aren't popular but I have stuff NOW and if someone can use it that's less stuff I have to toss when I eventually have to move.

I'm about to dispose of the remains of my wrecked '81 510 wagon. It's mostly stripped now, it's down to a rolling shell. It took a major hit that bent the roof in 3 places so it wasn't saveable but I've pulled just about everything but the suspension.

If anyone needs anything, give me a holler here. Still has full suspension parts, those are free if you pull. But the car is going to the scrapyard pretty much as soon as I get my trailer back, so if you want parts that are still on the car then speak up. U-pull is free, me pull is $$$.

Also have D/S fender ($15), hood (not off this car, but straight $15), front doors fit wagon and 4-door/5-door cars $20 each with glass, any and all windows except windshield and wagon hatch glass $5 each, 2-door doors $20, blue interior plastic parts free, heater cores (fit 80-81 only) $5, complete A/C system for '80-81 510, worked when the car was wrecked, now drained and apart $50, wiring harness $15.

Various other parts. Have sedan/hatchback (coil spring) rear axles, already pulled, $50. 4-speed NAPS-Z short-tail trans $10 (I can get $15 at the scrapyard), complete Z20S engine, low miles on rebuild, purred like a kitten, 020 over flattop pistons, $125.

Anything not listed, ask- I probably have it. I've stripped 3 '78-81 510s and have most of the usable pieces. Only things I know I don't have are rear doors, trunk lids, or taillights. I do have a rear hatch for a 3-door hatchback and 3-door hatchback taillights.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to fix up my 78 wagon with 95k mi and a 4 spd stick to sell for $700 ( wife wants it gone). Has a small head leak- I don't have time to change the gasket right now( new one is in the back seat)

It is at the shop trying to get the EGR system to work to pass smog.

I would be happy to pay for the following to be shipped:

1. Shift boot (rubber) and vinyl shifter cover that goes over it.

2. shifter bushings- my 2-3 shift is sloppy

3. BPT valve, thermal vacuum valve, - if you even have these on your car

4. Choke breaker from carb

Feel free to PM me and we can discuss.

Thank you so much

I don't have the shifter boot or pouch, both were trash on the car. Shifter bushings I don't have, they're still available from a willing dealer (finding ine willing to do a parts search, not so easy). Last I knew the shift boot was still available.

The '81 used a different engine so none of the smog parts interchange. I have some of the '78 smog parts but they're in boxes from a car that was scrapped in 1994, AND this wasn't a California emsissions car.

Yes, but there's some guy named "Jeff" that's supposed to be coming down to pick up the pieces for him. This "Jeff" better be strong and have a pickup, because the subframes are intact and as such pretty heavy... And I'm not disassembling them. I was supposed to get my trailer back today but now it looks like tomorrow, so I MIGHT be able to have the second assembly off the car Sunday. Depends on weather. I ain't pulling a subframe in the rain.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.