bad luck any ideas

:(:( well today my s10 died at the light...it started right up and now has a misfire in cylender 1 ...i changed the cap and rotor and plugs but still has the miss...when i hold it at 2500 rpms it trys to run smooth but just goes back to missing...oil is good.. it sounds like it wants to make some tapping noise in the top end...i already miss it... any ideas

0623091649.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you sell your Honda?

Maybe a bad injector?

Do you have compression in that cylinder?

How did you determine cylinder #1?

Sticking valve?

Does that cylinder have spark?

4cyl or v6? What year is that? Vortec v6 isnt it?

And what in the hell do you have an s-10 for when you have a badass datto? That is the question that really needs answered. But since you wont have a good answer we wont make you fake a bad one.

Did you sell your Honda?

Maybe a bad injector?

Do you have compression in that cylinder?

How did you determine cylinder #1?

Sticking valve?

Does that cylinder have spark?

4cyl or v6? What year is that? Vortec v6 isnt it?

And what in the hell do you have an s-10 for when you have a badass datto? That is the question that really needs answered. But since you wont have a good answer we wont make you fake a bad one.

i have a snap on modus ..it said misfire in cyl 1....its a 98 s10 with a 4.3 vortec..has spark... havent compression tested yet....

Vortecs don't like weak fuel pumps. Check your fuel pressure before you replace any more parts. Spec is 60-66psi. I have seen them develop a miss at even 58psi. Another sign is long cranking before starting - especially cold starts.

even running like crap it fires right up....just put a fuel pump in a couple months ago....havent checked for psi...thanks

You already replaced everything but the wires. You could try trading #4 wire with another and see if your misfire code follows the wire or if it stays on #4.

good thinking...im having it towed here in morning....didnt want to hurt anything.....

its the datsun gods pissed at you for driving and chevy lol wheres my coilovers and tach

hey now.... the datsun goes in the garage and chevy lives out side.....and i installed your coilovers on my car today.....and i saw a factory tach in your car why would you want a aftermarket one to....come get it sissy

You already replaced everything but the wires. You could try trading #4 wire with another and see if your misfire code follows the wire or if it stays on #4.

DRIVEN

i cant belive it!!!!!! i swapped the wires and WA LA shes a runner...i then treated her to a top of the line tune up....thank you very much for the help...

i want to thank everyone who gave me ideas and info on fixing my non datsun ... THANK YOU ALL..

i cant belive it was something so simple....it ran like it only had 3 cylinders...

ohh ya the tapping noise was part of my broken fan shroud hotting the fan

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by 78kingcab