Couple Of questions from a Newb

Logical1

Hey all, I have been working on my 510 for a while now and ran into a couple questions. (Yes I searched the forums and found some answers but not exactly what I was looking for :P )

1. Does anyone have a cross section picture of the cowling/weatherstripping for the trunk & hood? I am missing them and was hoping to buy some generic replacement from napa rather then spend $80.00+ for a N.O.S. piece. I bought original weatherstripping for my doors but I figured I could save a buck by using generic on the trunk & hood that isn't so picky...

2. I recently Put some 13" wheels and put some 205/60R13 Yokohama ADVAN A048 Tires on and damn these things grip! but I'm noticing that the car really "pulls" when I turn even a little bit and its kinda scary at high speed on the freeway. I will turn the wheel even a little bit and the whole car will pull into the other lane! I'm thinking possibly my suspension bushings are just to old and tired to put up with the new tires... I am going to take some pics to post, But I wanted to post my thoughts and see if you experts had any idea's :) Forgive my Newb Status but trust me I'm in my books and on the net at least 4 hours a day researching and learning as much as I can ;) Thanks in Advance!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, I have been working on my 510 for a while now and ran into a couple questions. (Yes I searched the forums and found some answers but not exactly what I was looking for :P )

1. Does anyone have a cross section picture of the cowling/weatherstripping for the trunk & hood? I am missing them and was hoping to buy some generic replacement from napa rather then spend $80.00+ for a N.O.S. piece. I bought original weatherstripping for my doors but I figured I could save a buck by using generic on the trunk & hood that isn't so picky...

2. I recently Put some 13" wheels and put some 205/60R13 Yokohama ADVAN A048 Tires on and damn these things grip! but I'm noticing that the car really "pulls" when I turn even a little bit and its kinda scary at high speed on the freeway. I will turn the wheel even a little bit and the whole car will pull into the other lane! I'm thinking possibly my suspension bushings are just to old and tired to put up with the new tires... I am going to take some pics to post, But I wanted to post my thoughts and see if you experts had any idea's :) Forgive my Newb Status but trust me I'm in my books and on the net at least 4 hours a day researching and learning as much as I can ;) Thanks in Advance!

Datsunland Socal has aftermarket seals call him, and hav an alignment done its prob way out

Taken from the D.Q.:

510 Street/Comp Alignment Specs

by Dean Sherman

The following alignment specs are the ones that we used on our car for the 'Lap, about 6,000 highway miles and about 4 hours of track time. The original alignment was done by Custom Alignment in Mountain View, CA.

This alignment took about 4 hours with 2 men doing the adjustments, with about 200 lbs of weight in the drivers seat. The car was test driven during this time about 6 or 8 times to get the right alignment when the car settled down after being driven.

We were very pleased with the performance both on the track and for the highway driving. The cost for this alignment was $155, but with the specs from the alignment, the follow-up alignments are standard 4 wheel jobs for $75.

Left Front

Camber -1.00 Caster +1.80 Toe +0.04"

Right Front

Camber -1.00 Caster +2.30 Toe +0.04"

Front Totals

Total Toe +0.08"

Cross Camber 0.00

Cross Caster +0.50

Front setback -0.10

Left side

S.A.I. +9.50

Included Angle +8.50

Thrust Angle +0.01"

Right side

S.A.I. +9.80

Included Angle +8.70

Rear setback -0.30

Left Rear

Camber -0.40

Toe +0.03"

Right Rear

Camber -0.40

Toe +0.02"

Rear totals

Total Toe +0.05"

Cross Camber 0.00

All figures are in degrees except where inches (") are indicated. I don't know what all of the specs mean, but I'm sure an alignment shop will be able to interpret them.

Dean Sherman