Seriously

How about posting pics of your car

For all we know

You might have a bitchin car

Better yet a Datsun for that matter

And loaded with money to spend

Just lacking brilliant ideas

Update your profile while your at it

I understand, but how is getting a car down to 1500lbs with 300 hp not a brilliant idea? Tube chasis, carbon fiber doors, hood, fenders and trunk, with a lightweight SR20DET and aluminum wheels, sure it will cost $$, but if you have it wouldnt you want the fastest ride? Im still in the thinking stages. Hell i was even looking at a hartley H1 V8 motor, but $30K is just crazy no matter how much dough you have .

I understand, but how is getting a car down to 1500lbs with 300 hp not a brilliant idea? Tube chasis, carbon fiber doors, hood, fenders and trunk, with a lightweight SR20DET and aluminum wheels,

Just build the tube frame yourself. You don't need a car to begin with. Make it thin and just strong enough for your application. Slap on whatever fake fiber bodypanels you want. It wont' really be a 510... just a custom built body with a Nissan engine.

you need to fill out your profile information first, second if you dont have a 510 and are looking let us know we come across them and might be able to help, the reason people keep saying things about the threds you start is you havent given us any info about yourself might start there.

hi my name is_____ im from______ and am looking at buying a 510 my buget is______ I am ___ years old and want to build one real bad.

or this is how you come across

Hi my name is douch bag and im 15 years old have no money but dream real big i want a 50,000 dollar 510 that weighs 1500 pounds and has a 300hp ecotec motor.

no offence but fill out your info and introduce yourself tell us a little and you might not get bagged on so much

this is how you come across

Hi my name is douch bag and im 15 years old have no money but dream real big i want a 50,000 dollar 510 that weighs 1500 pounds and has a 300hp ecotec motor.

no offence but fill out your info and introduce yourself tell us a little and you might not get bagged on so much

and untill then (and prob some after) your going to get shit when you post ridiculous threads :lol:

you need to fill out your profile information first, second if you dont have a 510 and are looking let us know we come across them and might be able to help, the reason people keep saying things about the threds you start is you havent given us any info about yourself might start there.

hi my name is_____ im from______ and am looking at buying a 510 my buget is______ I am ___ years old and want to build one real bad.

or this is how you come across

Exactly

I understand, but how is getting a car down to 1500lbs with 300 hp not a brilliant idea? Tube chasis, carbon fiber doors, hood, fenders and trunk, with a lightweight SR20DET and aluminum wheels, sure it will cost $$, but if you have it wouldnt you want the fastest ride? Im still in the thinking stages. Hell i was even looking at a hartley H1 V8 motor, but $30K is just crazy no matter how much dough you have .

300hp in a 510 is excessive regardless of how heavy it is. You need to be able to put the power DOWN to make it worth anything. Too much torque and power CAN be a bad thing depending on the application. Bigger wheels in the back to hang sticky rubber from and hold the car down? Well that would open a different can of worms... You'd need to customise the body to make it work. Bubble flares and even box flares can only contain so much, and when we're talking about a lot of power without a lot of weight, we need some serious meat on the wheel/tire portion... Well then suspension comes into play... Then when you start to fix suspension, we run into ANOTHER issue, then ANOTHER one.

So yes, people get annoyed when we log on, cruise through the new threads and have to read yet ANOTHER useless thread made by someone who obviously doesn't know enough about the car to make a decent go at it... We'd appreciate if you kept your dreams to yourself OR made something happen. Start cutting up your car, post it in the build threads, drop $50,000 under the hood, custom make a full carbon fiber body, then daily drive your 10,000rwhp, 900lb car through space.

I've gotten one down to about 1535 lbs. Tub car. Not a tube frame. L-16 engine. It is a racecar & is not streetable. My required minimum weight is considerably more than that, but with the car as light as possible, I can add the weight where I want it to help balance the car. It can be done, but there is a lot of work involved & it would have to be for race use only.

You guys are harsh...

That's what I thought to :D We all have though how cool it would be to have our street legal gocart (510) super light and powerful. Once we learn about the datto 1200 we realize it would be an easier route since it's factory weight is already close to 1500lbs.

Just for a not I weighted my dime on a certified CAT scale. It cost me 9 bucks but it turns out with 3/4 a tank of gas 2 headers and a bunch of other crap in the trunk it weighs 2120lbs. I want to clean it out and re weigh it :D