New Z at our house

Jester

Well, my 14 year old just bought her first car! We found a '78 Z car with a paint code of #638 for $500. :D:D I told her I wouldn't work on the car unless she asked me to, and NEVER without her.

Here are a few pics from today.

Doing the paper work for her first car. Just for the record, that is HER money she is about to hand over.

100_2936.jpg

100_2938.jpg

Lots of paint work to do.

100_2939.jpg

Nice, clean stock wheels and fresh rubber.

100_2940.jpg

We'll be looking for a new hood.

100_2941.jpg

And some carpet.

100_2942.jpg

I think she is a little excited.

100_2944.jpg

Rolling her car off the trailer.

100_2946.jpg

Looks right at home.

100_2947.jpg

Edited by Jester
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really appreciate all the offers of help from you guys. It was really cool to have intoduced my daughter to you guys....and you too Megan, at Canby. Heck it was my first time meeting some of you as well.

I will tell you guys the same thing I told someone else here. I am struggling with getting her signed up here. I REALLY want her to be part of the comunity here, but, I also don't agree with some of the content or language that takes place. (Not from anyone that has posted thus far either.) I have a GREAT 14 year old that isn't into the stuff a lot of 14 year old girls are. She is more into sports and Dad than boys, makeup or shopping. Unless it's at the wrecking yard. :D I will also tell you that she liked Skib's Z better than most. Her comment was "That is a car you can drive hard and not feel bad about it. :lol::lol:

Phleb's daughter owns a Z too!!! :)

OMG!! Stop sayin that.. she already thinks it is hers :lol:

She is making plans for this thing and that thing. I have told her a million times that the Z is MINE and it goes right past her. :D

Jester...It was great to see other Ratsuners bringing their daughters to the show.

This is gonna be a ton of fun for you guys!! Now you get to repay her for all the work she put in on the KC :D I'm sure you won't mind. I hope my kids are into doing stuff like this with me when they get older.

I'll have to swing by to check it out when I have a chance.

My dad is replacing the vented hood on his 280 with a vent-less hood, so he will probably be getting rid of that pretty soon if you still need a hood. The paint is terrible but it's pretty straight. Let me know if you want it. (in Salem)

We'll be in touch. :D

I REALLY want her to be part of the comunity here' date=' but, I also don't agree with some of the content or language that takes place. QUOTE']

First thing i thought of was Kiznook and the vacuum cleaner.:eek:

I was thinking more along the lines of people openly talking about getting high, sexual crap and the like. It just doesn't have a place on this forum. There are plenty of private places for that kind of crap. Why can't this forum be kept clean so we don't have to worry about what our kids see.

Sorry. :blush::blush: I'm done.

I REALLY want her to be part of the comunity here, but, I also don't agree with some of the content or language that takes place. (Not from anyone that has posted thus far either.)

You sound like a good parent :cool:

That said, she's growing up and I'm sure she'll be introduced to all that content and language from her friends (where it should be learned) soon enough :)

Great project. Can't wait to see how it turns out. :D

Edit:

I was thinking more along the lines of people openly talking about getting high, sexual crap and the like. It just doesn't have a place on this forum. There are plenty of private places for that kind of crap. Why can't this forum be kept clean so we don't have to worry about what our kids see.

Sorry. :blush::blush: I'm done.

The way I see it, it's all about free speech.

I also think parents should know and (sometimes censor) what their children are doing/into. It's all part of the training of a child into a responsible adult.

A lot of parents don't care...sad really.

You seem to be doing great though :)

Thanks. We are trying to get her head straight now. I am hopping when she is on her own, she will have a good idea of what is expected of her.

As to the build, we have taken the bumpers off and are looking for some 240 bumpers now. I need to figure out how to remove the filler pieces betweeen the bumper and body without destroying them. I'm sure someone will need them.