wtf is wrong with this thing (video with sound)

doc future

so this is what my 720 sounds like when it starts up and runs. it shakes like hell. plugs, wires, cap and rotor have been done. head gasket maybe? i have minimal experience with fixing motors which is one of the reasons i got this truck, to learn on. just looking for some input from you guys who are more experienced than i.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86fTNzp_iBo

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/720%20stuff/dizzy720004Large.jpg[/img]"]dizzy720004Large.jpg

The spark plugs on the carburetor side of the engine are, from front to back, Intake One, Two, Thee and Four. On the exhaust manifold side from front to back they are Exhaust One, Two, Three, and Four.

Stand at the side of the driver's side fender and look down at the distributor. At about the 9 o'clock position, where my thumb is on the left in the picture, is the I1 (intake one) plug on the cap. Follow that wire across the front of the valve cover to the carburetor side to the first spark plug closest to the radiator. This is the Intake One plug. The next plug in the anti clockwise direction is Exhaust Two. Follow that wire to the second wire back on the exhaust side. The rest are:

Intake Three

Exhaust One

Intake Four

Exhaust Three

Intake Two

Exhaust Four

check cap and wires like previously posted.... compression check next, and timing, then cam timing to make sure the chain didnt jump.... is the choke slammed completely shut? that can cause a strange missfire.

My first ? is did it always idle at 2200 rpms or is this the problem?

yeah i dont know man, i got this truck the way it sits. previous owner told me he had to replace the head gasket a couple times

wow, yeah you need to fix that thing, lol

thanks

Edited by doc future
i said something rude
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/720%20stuff/dizzy720004Large.jpg[/img]"]dizzy720004Large.jpg

The spark plugs on the carburetor side of the engine are, from front to back, Intake One, Two, Thee and Four. On the exhaust manifold side from front to back they are Exhaust One, Two, Three, and Four.

Stand at the side of the driver's side fender and look down at the distributor. At about the 9 o'clock position, where my thumb is on the left in the picture, is the I1 (intake one) plug on the cap. Follow that wire across the front of the valve cover to the carburetor side to the first spark plug closest to the radiator. This is the Intake One plug. The next plug in the anti clockwise direction is Exhaust Two. Follow that wire to the second wire back on the exhaust side. The rest are:

Intake Three

Exhaust One

Intake Four

Exhaust Three

Intake Two

Exhaust Four

i followed all the plug wires, seem to be going to the correct plugs and look to have been recently replaced