i need center caps for my olde mags

phatdave

I am polishing my old Turbines and need center caps. aluminum billet would be cool.

Anybody have any ideas as to where I could find some?

The polish job is coming along well. A new 12$ Harbor freight 3/8 drill and some Mothers and Tripoli is bringing them to life. I will post some b4 and after photos.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the push in caps also come in a few different sizes. Some of the old wheels were a real odd size, and you need a lot of luck finding them. Others are a real common size that is still used today. Take a wheel with you to your local tire dealer and let them match something up for you. There is also different styles of push-in caps. Some have a flared edge, some have a flange. Some wheels will not properly accept the flared caps, The lugnuts tighten the wheel to the cap, instead of the wheel to the drum face. End result is loose lugnuts and wheels coming loose and passing you down the freeway. NOT GOOD. Let the tire shop determine what style you need, have them explane it to you, even if you decide to find stuff on EBAY.

Jason

For those that don't know....yello has put in years working at tire/alignment shops, so I'd take his advice on this kind of stuff any day!!!!

You got any pics of the back of the center hole. Some caps slid in from behind and had a recessed lip that fit into. Of course, you could always but brand new screw on ones and just drill a few holes. I'd try to find the right ones first.