Brake Whoes!

g-mam

Okay, bled the back brakes and had maybe half pedal after cleaning the sludge out.

Today I started on the fronts. Once I started bleeding the pedal never seemed to get pressure back.

I've bled 1/2 a bottle of fluid through it, and still no joy.

Looking in the reservoir nearsest the cab, I see bubbles coming up everytime she's pumped. If I pump it hard, the fluid looks like you took a bottle of dishwashing liquid and shook it. Milky because of the suspended air in it.

What is the problem here? Bad Master? Bad booster? I don't have any fluid leaks, I don't hear any air sucking, I am lost. Why do the bubbles keep coming up from the reservoir?

BTW, I have a papertowel laying over the carb. Why everytime we pump the brakes, I see the carb sucking that towel? I swear my wife is not touching the gas pedal.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, bled the back brakes and had maybe half pedal after cleaning the sludge out.

Today I started on the fronts. Once I started bleeding the pedal never seemed to get pressure back.

I've bled 1/2 a bottle of fluid through it, and still no joy.

Looking in the reservoir nearsest the cab, I see bubbles coming up everytime she's pumped. If I pump it hard, the fluid looks like you took a bottle of dishwashing liquid and shook it. Milky because of the suspended air in it.

What is the problem here? Bad Master? Bad booster? I don't have any fluid leaks, I don't hear any air sucking, I am lost. Why do the bubbles keep coming up from the reservoir?

BTW, I have a papertowel laying over the carb. Why everytime we pump the brakes, I see the carb sucking that towel? I swear my wife is not touching the gas pedal.

Double check your bleeder valves. You probably just need to keep working it if there are no leaks.

The towel on the carb thingy..lol That is your brake booster pulling vaccum fron the intake mani and is normal. :D

the MC is bad. if bubbles come up.

Had this on my brake master on my 521 truck but its a single resivior

Datto510 and Bucket from here help me bleed the system and took about 8mins to bleed all 4 wheels with 3 people.

otherwise I kept bleeding a half bottole also to no avail. but lucky I had a sapre MC in the house.

also the master on your swill have a F for front and R for rear.

You said the F when to the rear. I wonder if those lines were replaced one time and the guy put them on backwards. no big deal really long as it works.

also keep this to one thread.

You said it makes bubbles. But tdid it do this before you were wrenchin on it ruining the flare nuts(the other thread you started)

the MC is bad. if bubbles come up.

I don't mind replacing it...problem is I can't get those lines off of it. I guess I'll try the vice grips. No other choice.

if you have a booster after th e vac pressure is spent in the the booster ,as she pumps the peddle the booster could suck air & move the paper toewl ,,that doe not seem to be your probem ,, how old is the master ,, if it a few years old & ever got any small grains of sand ,,,the daiphram just may be shot

if it has an proportioning valve take the line off there,, remove master then fix those line at the same time ,,i never live an line on one of my cars that someone has used vicegrips on ive seen them crack after that

I have a pair of Vice Grips that are made to lock around a nut. I used these and was able to crack both loose!:D

New MC should be here Monday. I am ordering the new fuel tak today. I got under the truck, and it's leaking all around the seam. What is in the Fuel Filter looked like rust and sludge too. I'm surprised I was even able to drive this thing home!

She idles fine, what she doesn't do is go when I press the gas. It bogs and almost dies. I have to pump the peddle to get the RPM up before using the clutch and keep her rev'd. up.

I'll tackle making her go after I make her stop!

Edited by g-mam