Electrical Help

BaKed

hey guys i just recently have had some problems with the electrical in my 79 Datsun 620 King Cab.....to start my battery will not hold a charge but after i jump the car it runs ok....so first i thought it was the alternator and come to find out if my truck is running with a dead battery my alternator is doing something right.....now the second problem i am having is right next to my battery is a little black box with 2 gold relays(i think).....wehn i have the engine running they are making a BUZZING sound....its almost sounds like a really faint horn.....idk what is going on and figured i would resort to this site for some guidance.....BaKed

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

when running with every light on alternator is still putting out 13.5 to 14 v to battery. on my truck under dash there is a black box about 1.5 in by 2.5 in mounted just above right kick panel i believe this is the culprit. the other thing is the switched wire to alternator stays hot with key off. idk. have to do some investigation.

• 1 year later...