Crusin' Havana. Any Denver Area People Going?

OG lil E

I've been hearing about this Cruising Havana for a while now. This year is the second annual, and everyone I've talked to about last year's event tells me it was HUGE! It is this Saturday (the 20th) from 3 to 9.

I got this information off of the http://www.onhavanastreet.com website.

Saturday, June 20, 2009, 3-9 p.m.: Cruzin' Havana Car Show & Poker Run, presented by Stevinson Toyota East & Scion

About the 2009 Event: Wolfman and his date have traded in their dune buggy for a spiffy new set of wheels for the Cruzin' Havana 2009 event. A classic, red 1959 Cadillac convertible called "The Shark." Enjoy five festival sites and 3,000 classic cars, food, music and fun! This event is a benefit for the Old Car Council of Colorado and their 52 classic car clubs, as well as the D.A.R.E. Program. Cruzin' Havana was the classic car event of the summer in Colorado in 2008 and promises to be bigger and better in 2009. This is a free event; no admission or entry fees.

Entertainment at the festival sites this year includes:

Da Boogieman at The Stampede site, Parker Road & Havana, 2430 S Havana, Aurora 80014

Cruisin' Oldies AM 950 radio personalities spinning the tunes at the Gibby's site, just south of Florida on the west side of Havana (1555 S Havana, Aurora 80012); the Cruisin' Cats Band performs live from 4-6 p.m.

DJ Cruisin' Dave and the Car Toys Super Stage at the Wells Fargo Bank Building Site, 1450 So Havana, 80012, just south of the new Gardens on Havana Shopping Center

Rusty the Ragtop Rocker playing the great classic rock & roll at the Concorde Healthcare Site at 1st Ave & Havana

The Denver Band, Synthetic Elements, with their popular punk-ska form of music at the Stevinson Toyota East & Scion Site

Colorado's Pro Gym will be hosting a sanctioned strong man event at The Stampede site from 3-5 p.m. The Kidz Zones will return with free bouncing inflatables.

The first 1,000 cruisers will receive an event hat pin, with the pins distributed at each of the festival sites. Pick up your free collector's edition Cruzin' Havana program from any of the festival sites during the event. The grand prize for the poker run is a BIG SCREEN TV donated by Havana Auto Parts!

The poker run kicks off from all festival sites at 5 p.m., and the grand prize will be awarded to the cruiser with the best poker hand at 9 p.m. at the Gibby's festival site. Gas cards and other great prizes will be given away at the festival sites throughout the event.

What can be more fun--hot cars, beautiful models in poodle skirts and saddle shoes, good food and great rock & roll! Parking begins at 3 p.m. at each site.

Watch for the Big Red Balloons: The On Havana Street restaurants displaying the big red balloons are open and ready to serve you "Cruzin' Cuisine" during the event.

Presented by Stevinson Toyota East & Scion. Sponsored by Cruisin' Oldies AM 950, The Aurora Sentinel, Costco, Havana Auto Parts/NAPA, The Stampede Mesquite Grill & Dance Emporium, and your local State Farm Insurance Agents.................

We will have 3 trucks going, and we plan on finding a great spot to park.

I was just wondering if any of the Denver area Colorado people are planning on going. It would be cool to have a bunch of small trucks take over a section of one of the parking lots. If anyone is interested, maybe we can all meet up somewhere and cruise in together. E

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it man! I am so bummed to have to miss it! I will be in the mountains, I am speaking at a Youth Camp for the week! That really stinks though!

We will connect one of these times man! :)

Good heads up for Bob,Tyson and Madness.:cool:

its a major possibility for me. Im free from the girl this weekend. Ill actually see if a few of my friends want to roll down there.

btw: there is a red 65(?) 2 door 510 sitting at the denver u-pull-and-pay on W66th.

its a major possibility for me. Im free from the girl this weekend. Ill actually see if a few of my friends want to roll down there.

Cool! If you head out there, it looks like we're going to be in the Stampede parking lot somewhere. Be on the look out for a tan 720 with a gold Metalflake top, a blue and primer S-10 or a gold Ranger on smoothies. If you see them, that's us. Come on over and say hello!

btw: there is a red 65(?) 2 door 510 sitting at the denver u-pull-and-pay on W66th.

I was there last week and saw it. I looked it over for quite some time looking for anything I could use, but came up empty. E