Canby pics

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i knew it wasnt an SR for sure, so at a quick glance just to answer his question in a timely manner i said CA... i did think the intake looked a bit strange tho haha the front timing cover is really the only thing that looks "similar" an the fact thats it has a twin cam v/c

i hear what your sayin, but whats this about vandalizing? did someone brake something? i know there was a few doughnuts, but there wasnt even any evidence of it the next morning... as far as drinkin goes, i think there was a few people involved that could have helped keep things under control that didnt..

maybe next year we should all go find real camp sites where we dont have so many rules an regulations, where we can have camp fires, roast marshmellows, have some drinks.. an not have to worry about ruining canby for everyone else..

for the record i didnt do any too naughty lol :fu:

cough i blame the 510 guys cough ahhahahahaha jk :P

Tearing up someone's property is vandalizing....whether you think the marks that were left were "significant" or not. Like I said.....had they done it on the main lawn...or run into something....it could have been major trouble. And this isn't so much about the drinking.....it's about getting too carried away. Nobody's looking for you guys to leave...unless of course, you feel you have to drink and drive to have a good time. Good luck trying to find a place that will let you party until 2am. I can't imagine another place not calling the cops. This is about the "degree" to which is was taken. Everyone knows that the bum with the brown bag in his hand is drinking in public.....but at least he keeps it in the bag. Drinking until you passout is one thing......but getting in a vehicle and racing around county property is like the bum taking the bag off the bottle.....he's begging to get noticed. All I'm saying is keep it in the dang bag!

And let's be clear about this point too.......this is MY take on it......not the clubs. Just like we don't want to lose Canby.......I don't want the club to ask the Ratsun guys to not come! Just because we like rust and ratty drivers, doesn't mean we can't have a bit of class.

I'm sure a lot of you read Mini Truckin'........have you noticed how many of the major shows are shutting down? Several of them have shut down specifically because they can't find venues because of people trashing the place. They were not welcome back. If Ratsun members get asked to not come....that's a black eye for Ratsun.....but if they get Canby shut down.......that's like a broken leg for all of the Datsun community.

I haven't heard of any other campers complaining about the party. All I heard was that it was a great time. I'm sure that even the ones that didn't drink enjoyed it and would like it to happen again next year.......so even I'm not saying to find another place. I just wanted to give a bit of perspective on how the antics of a few could potentially ruin it for all of us.

So.....enough about that.

jesusno2??? That makes at least three guys that didn't say Hi for that reason. After the above rant.....I can understand why! :) Seriously...thanks to the guys that did stick around long enough to chat.....my apologies to anyone else that thought I was too busy. Anyone that knows me, knows that I'll pretty much talk to anyone.....whether they like it or not!!! :)

hehe no no i dont need to drink an drive to have a good time :P i was in bed every night before 12 hehe i stopped by the "camp fire" for a few mins to say hey tho.. i agree man i wanna continue to come.. i think next year we just need to orginize a little better..

:D:lol:

Yep, that's the kind of thing where one or two people are going to ruin it for the other hundred+. Even with it on the back lawn, I wouldn't be surprised if we already aren't allowed back. People either don't care, or don't realize, what the consequences of activities like that mean for everyone else.

"a lot of people had fun" was actually about a dozen or so, compared to the couple hundred that attend Canby. Just keep that in mind when you think it's so important that YOU(generic) have to drink to have fun. It would be extremely selfish for a few to think that their having a good time was more important than keeping Canby available for everyone! A handful of club members work their rears off for the better part of a year to put on that show.......but what am I thinking????.....of course it's more important for a few people to "have a great party"!!!! There's no justification whatsoever to get blasted and vandalize the facility!!!! Especially when there's a no alcohol on site rule! If people drank responsibly and didn't leave any evidence of it, I seriously doubt anyone would say anything.............they wouldn't know about it! But when the fairgrounds comes to the prez about it.......obviously it was taken too far! Come on...let's keep it a bit more respectable. You want to act like that.....go to a Slamology or minitruckin' event.

Don't get me wrong here......the people are good people and I like them.....it's their actions I have a problem with.

Everyone that camped out was drinking that I saw, well besides Carter. Not to mention the most hammered person IMO was a member of Datsun NW. Like any event the bigger it gets the more rules that follow. I also agree doing ton's of doughnuts on the lawn isn't a good idea. I think turning around with a little extra throttle isn't a big deal, it takes a lot to damage grass with a 510 trust me :D There was a dude that lived in a new housing development that I hated. I figured a lawn job would teach him, well I did a first and second gear burnout right in front lawn with the SR dime. The next day I went to evaluate the damage, NOTHING!!! Datsun's are to light weight to do any real damage. I do agree it's not a good idea, just saying :D The oil that leaks out probably kills more of the grass. I hope they didn't get to mad at us.

I'm sure they all were drinking.....which really isn't the issue(although it has always been against the rules there)......it's the "poor judgement" that goes along with it. I know the DatNW club member you're talking about.....drank, passed out, still functioned the next day and unless you camped with him/them, you didn't know about it. Obviously, he was more drunk, but he didn't get in his car.....that's the issue. Maybe the Ratsun member that did the donuts was completely sober and I've involved the drinking for no reason. Stoned, drunk or sober, it was a poor judgement call. He could have easily made a slightly different "call"......if he'd have hit someone, a pole, a building, left burnout marks on the main driveway.....I'm pretty sure we'd be done with that location. If someone goes and trashes the place...it won't matter whether they're Ratsun, DatNW, NWZ.....or an independant.....it could shut the whole thing down.

Drink, be merry....I don't care, I won't be there. I'm just saying it was a close call......and it involved a Ratsun member. If we have more close calls and they happen to be Ratsun members.....we look bad as a group. I also wanted to point it out so that next year, people don't think that it was acceptable this year and more guys do it.

I don't drink because I can't stand the taste of it......but drunk, I get even more stupid :).... I would have been right there burning donuts in the NL.....and I'm sure I'd have taken it beyond that even. I know I'd feel like a complete *ss if I were the reason we lost the location......what forum or event could I show my face at after that? I understand both sides of this issue.

I'm not pissed off or trying to give a moral's lecture about drinking.......I simply wanted to share a different perspective. It's pretty obvious that from the offender's perspective, it was fun and not hurting anyone. But, there are other perspectives that need to be considered. That's the only point I'm trying to get across.

its a known fact that people drink when they camp, its just tolerated.

I know what there talking about, I was there watching it.

I had a chuckle, it looked fun, but just to safe gaurd our asses lets not do it again next year :)

we all want to be able to have the show and camp out for years to come.

so just dont drive stupid and clean up any trash/bottles in the morning and then everyones good to come back next year.

hehe i stopped by the "camp fire"

'shocking' wasnt it???

i was one of the last people out of the camp and it was free of litter.

... doesnt make up for the few that have a heavy foot that slipped off the brake to the gas from the wet grass.

next time just lift up before the third rotation!

I also wanted to point it out so that next year, people don't think that it was acceptable this year and more guys do it.

I was wondering about it too. I knew it was against the rules to bring alcohol and pets there and there were so many people back there with dogs and beer. It seemed as though there was no enforcement like there was a couple years ago.

I put my tent in the wrong spot. I was very close to Paul's RV and wanted to go to sleep but that music and car noise was going for what seemed like all night.

I would have wanted to bring a small dog but I did not in order to honor the event rules. It bothers me when I make sacrifices to be legit and others take liberties to get their own way by breaking the rules.

I put my tent in the wrong spot. I was very close to Paul's RV and wanted to go to sleep but that music and car noise was going for what seemed like all night.

That's what Holly said too, we went to bed at 10pm (early to most) I grew up with brothers and sister so I didn't wake up due to the noise but she did. I'm one of the guilty though, I had a few beers and did a fancy turn around, not together though :D

lets just all agree to try to keep everything to a minimum next year, we can live without burnouts and excessive drinkin, a beer or two is alot different then 10 beers or some shots of hard alcohol... i myself had 3 mikes hard lemonades.. i was completely wasted.. nah jk.. lol but seriously lets try to keep things cool next year so we dont have any problems, mikes a really cool guy an he's just lookin out for all of us :) the music didnt bother me, it actually helped me cause im used to sleepin with the tv on.. but the kids an ol lady did have a hard time gettin to sleep also.. maybe next year we can agree to have things tuned down by 11ish??

I overheard a few of the organizers talking under their breath about the activities in the back field. I never saw what anyone did, but word was getting around.

there was nothin goin on in the back field except some gay sex.. if u wanted to join u should of said something

Don't forget the new ratsun game. pancake frisbee. Yeah, haven't had much time to post or anything. the main computer has been down and i have a hard time navigating this stonage laptop we got.

I had a great time. I'll post my pics up when I get some more time.

• Like 1
11pm sounds fair.

If I had 1 Mike's I'd be wasted ;)

hehe i drink a few times a week, usualy takes me bout half a 5th of jagermiester to get a good buzz goin lol.. 3 mikes just set the mood, i made sure i packed away all my crap, lcdc will verify this.. anyways im thinkin it would be kinda cool if a small group of us could get some datsun chapperones to designatedly drive us to a bar an back (before 10 obviously) i dont know if anyone would be interested.. its just an idea...

"It bothers me when I make sacrifices to be legit and others take liberties to get their own way by breaking the rules."

^^^^ Seriously! In general, this is the one thing that irritates me the most in life.

i respect your opinion and enthusiasm, but it kinda seems like your on a witch hunt, ya some people did some stuff you dont agree with but it seems like you were the kid in school that when everyone got busted just pointed fingers...

maybe i just dont know ya very well.. just my .02

"you were the kid in school that when everyone got busted just pointed fingers..."

What? Everyone got busted just pointing fingers?

I think the point has been made, I can drop it.

there was alot of people involved, even a few club members an orginizers.. it wasnt just the ratsun guys.. well maybe a donut or two..

but yes lets not drag this into the ground, i think we've learned out lesson :D

from what i hear this was the BEST CANBY EVER!!!!!!!

Last year was the first year I went, having to come up from Phoenix AZ. I remember their being more cars in the show last year, but it seemed I had a more enjoyable time this year. Will definitely attend next year if I can.

AWESOME! i just love hangin out with folks, chattin it up about they're or my cars/trucks its deffinately a blast!

i am gonna try my hardest to get the truck going good for blue lake, so hopefully by next canby it'll still be goin good hehe.. it sucked not bein able to have it this year..

The only way I can come up to these is by using miles I build up for flying with work. Probably won't have enough again by blue lake, but would love to attend if it works out. Never been to that show.

Actually thinking about driving my 280ZXT to Canby for next year. Excellent highway car, with a/c!