Help me get my windows lookin better!

Hello all, a while since i've been on, busy with school and work. Anywho, ever since i've gotten my 510 the windows and windshield especially have been pretty foggy/hazy/cloudy, whatever you want to call it. I've never bothered tryin to clear them up since its not my daily, I'm sure you guys know a trick to fixin' up those old windows, what is it?

Thanks in advance,

-casey-

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The safety glass windshield is a thin plastic layer sandwiched between two sheets of glass. The plastic may have deteriorated from age and is becoming opaque. No cure for this but replacement.

On the other hand, if it's just a build up of pollen dust and mildew dried on it you can scrub it off with steel wool, give a good cleaning and good to go.

The safety glass windshield is a thin plastic layer sandwiched between two sheets of glass. The plastic may have deteriorated from age and is becoming opaque. No cure for this but replacement.

On the other hand, if it's just a build up of pollen dust and mildew dried on it you can scrub it off with steel wool, give a good cleaning and good to go.

Thanks mike, ill give it a shot:thumbup: im afraid its probabaly that plastic layer though.

Hello all, a while since i've been on, busy with school and work. Anywho, ever since i've gotten my 510 the windows and windshield especially have been pretty foggy/hazy/cloudy, whatever you want to call it. I've never bothered tryin to clear them up since its not my daily, I'm sure you guys know a trick to fixin' up those old windows, what is it?

Thanks in advance,

-casey-

here's mine:D:

soap.gif

JC Whitney for years sold a Cerium Oxide glass buffing kit for windshields and side windows. With luck it's the surface crud and Cerium Oxide is gentler [is there such a word] than steel wool, even 0000 grade used for furniture restoration. If it's the center plastic, most states even those with inspection requirements will give you a pass.

JC Whitney for years sold a Cerium Oxide glass buffing kit for windshields and side windows. With luck it's the surface crud and Cerium Oxide is gentler [is there such a word] than steel wool, even 0000 grade used for furniture restoration. If it's the center plastic, most states even those with inspection requirements will give you a pass.

thanks! ill look into that, and im not worried about inspection requirements, there not that bad, just enough to bug me, sort of like drivin with a dirty windshield.