620 kc Nube How many miles?

MudThug

Hey guys,

I have been reading your site here for a couple months while I have been looking for my first Datsun. I finally bought randyin rentons 620 kc. This is one of the coolest trucks I have owned. Even for an auto :blink:

He told me it had 53 thousand original miles, but I wasn't buying it. Are there any telltale signs on mileage? When I was washing the thing I saw frekking serial numbers on the exhaust pipe!

anyway, great site lots of great info. I already made my rear whitewalls bigger, looks great, planning on dropping her this weekend 3" or 4".

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wear on the clutch,brake & gas pedal are clues.Depending on where it is,cracks in the dash are another.At 53K,all the interior pieces should still be original.

Underhood there should still be a LOT of original hoses p[lus other factory pieces.

At 40K the dash on my Mom's '73 was cracked to pieces. That's no telltale- dashes aren't wear items. The dash in my 510 didn't crack until 275,000 miles. Heck, my Mom had the driver's seat reupholstered at 50K/7 years old. It was torn to hell by then.

The biggest telltale is the condition of the steering components. They usually start getting sloppy around 150,000. At 53,000 they would almost feel like new.

I have found that the number of replaced light bulbs increases proportionally with miles...

Hey there Doug, you ever sell your kc? I looked at your truck before I got this. I just felt I needed to start from the ground up, but yours was supper clean.

How do I post pics? There in my stats, but I don't know how to post them.

The steering wheel looks good, just one small crack at the top. The steering has about 1" to 1.5" in of slop which makes me think it's at 153, but the part number in the exhaust pipe? The gas petal looks great, but the break petal has a VW pad on it, and it's got the original plad seats and door panels :cool:

Hey there Doug, you ever sell your kc? I looked at your truck before I got this. I just felt I needed to start from the ground up, but yours was supper clean.

How do I post pics? There in my stats, but I don't know how to post them.

The steering wheel looks good, just one small crack at the top. The steering has about 1" to 1.5" in of slop which makes me think it's at 153, but the part number in the exhaust pipe? The gas petal looks great, but the break petal has a VW pad on it, and it's got the original plad seats and door panels :cool:

Exhausts are a funny thing.My 810 wagon has 149,000 on it and i just replaced the factory system.Both mufflers and all the shielding.If the vehicle is driven enough,the exhaust can last a while.Your truck is starting to sound like 153 +.

check the pedal pads.... are they all worn? another good sign is hoses and lines... filters...belts,... they may be no good from age but if it has all the stock stuff then it could be low mileage. Also vehicles that are that low mileage are rarely molested an a hack fashion.... Service records will tell all.. another service record that alot overlook that documents mileage is if it has an oilchange service sticker in a door jamb that was added by a lube place.... get started sherlock

Edited by steve g

Thanks for the help guys. I think that datsunaholic is right. The little bit of slop in my wheel probably wouldn't be there and wood grain is shinny on the outside of the wheel.

The truck is just so unmolested that it sure seemed possible to have only 53,000. I put a radio in it yesterday and not one wire under the dash was hacked, just the speaker wires from the sharp casset player were added on to.

BTW nice truck datsunaholic. I saw you yesterday on meridian, you followed me down 512 for a ways ;)

Can I post pics from my profile? I am trying and it doesn't seem to work.

http://forum.ratsun.net/picture.php?pictureid=1393&albumid=305&dl=1244579392&thumb=1

Edited by MudThug