bout damn time!

I will post pics when I get home tonight so don't worry. I am posting this from my phone so photo bucket is not really easy to post from.

I finally picked up the motor for my 77 Power Wagon. its in the form of a 75 Ramcharger. from what I understand its a 360, Mopar Performance Purpleshaft cam, Eagle rods and crank, and an Edlebrock 4bbl carb. that's exactly what I wanted for my PW.

now my power wagon, I bought it 7 years ago or so, and its been in pieces for the last 4 years. I bought it from BBC Dodge, no longer in busines, which was the original selling dealer in 77. it was traded in by the original owner on a new HEMI Ram. it had a replacement motor but after a while it was knocking. but here are the specs as I know them.

77 Dodge Power Wagon 3/4 ton club cab

5.9L 360 CID V8

727 Automatic

NP203 full time transfer case

Dana 44 front 4.10 gears

Dana 60 rear 4.10 gears

stock 16.5 steelies with 9x16.5 commercial tires and factory hubcaps

canopy

full tow package

woodgrain dash

am/fm/cb radio (not original to this truck but from a 79 trailduster)

two tone jade green and eggshell white.

this truck is as close to the first truck I ever drove that I could find. it was also in near mint shape when I bought it. I couldn't pass it up. plus I feel the 77/78 MYs are the best looking of the bunch.

thanks for looking. and any comments, good or bad, are always welcome.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What heads do you have? If theyre marked with a J X or an O those things will scream. I had a set of Js with an old cop intake (cast dual plane medium rise) on my old 318 in my 68 polara and it would move pretty good for what it was... Lumpy cam and it would still knock down high teens low tewenties for MPGs. I used to race the mercedes dealership guys on the freeway on the way to work in the morning... Coudnt ever beat the bad ass AMGs but it was always good for a grin or two:rolleyes: Then again their exhaust tips probably cost more than my whole damn car.

Oh yeah, crazy part of the story... I got the 318 out of an old datsun 620 drag truck that a guy bought for body parts... It was probably built in the late 70s early eighties, straight as shit with a nice black paintjob and old school pinstripes and lake pipes... with a dual quad tunnel ram. Cool little truck but its long gone now.

Edited by mike

as promised, here are the pics.

my power wagon. the pics are kinda out of order but i dont really care. and yes i took the entire front end apart to pull the motor. before the new one goes in i am painting the frame rails as far back as i can as well as redoing some of the other things under hood.

2003_0903_185548AA_edited.jpg

th_DSCF0021.jpg

th_DSCF0022.jpg

th_DSCF0008.jpg

th_DSCF0046.jpg

th_DSCF0045.jpg

th_DSCF0004.jpg

th_DSCF0007.jpg

th_DSCF0010.jpg

th_DSCF0005.jpg

th_DSCF0023.jpg

th_DSCF0018.jpg

and here is the parts rig. 75 ramcharger sport.

axles, passenger door, adn seats are already spoken for as is the engine, trans and transfer case.

th_052509pictures119.jpg

th_052509pictures120.jpg

th_052509pictures121.jpg

th_052509pictures122.jpg

th_052509pictures124.jpg

th_052509pictures125.jpg

th_052509pictures127.jpg

th_052509pictures129.jpg

it'll be easy..he has me on call.. hell i hooked him up with the beast, coulda just thrown the motor in my yota but i felt like keeping the yota all ford powered with ramcharger axles :lol: :cool:

lookin good marky, let me know if you need help and when you get those axles off. :)

:eek:Holy Shite! You gotta lotta work ahead of you with this and 2 620's. Hope it all goes smooth for you.

not really. as soon as i get the PW going the 78 is getting cut up. exhaust came off AGAIN on me at teh manifold. i just want my giant back.

it'll be easy..he has me on call.. hell i hooked him up with the beast, coulda just thrown the motor in my yota but i felt like keeping the yota all ford powered with ramcharger axles :lol: :cool:

lookin good marky, let me know if you need help and when you get those axles off. :)

will do.

Might hang onto that guage cluster too, but only if the alternator guage hasnt melted it YET. Very common for the back of the guage to be melted.

but of course. i have 3 of these clusters now, and the one in my teuck has already been bypassed via a sunpro ammeter.

that sucks, but hey... you said to me, and i quote "it doesnt matter if its a 318 or a 360 i can use them both, the 318 has more torque and is better for towing but the 360 has more hp so either one will work"

;)

yes i did. BUT come to find out i may not be able to use the trans in my truck due to a spline count being different on the input shaft. that would mean using the leaky POS in the RC. plus i have a shitload of new parts for the 360 that i may not be able to use or cant use. like a BRAND NEW OIL PAN.

that sucks, put the motor in the dart then and get a new motor for the power wagon :fu:

same issue. 273 is externally balanced. plus no more $$

but ti will most likely go in. although i am not happy about it, that motor will do the job.

Edited by moparvwfreak

so marky, found out the axles in the ramchargers suck so you can keep them, hell might as well just leave it together and either sell it or use it now lol... but ya.. no need for them so im going to use factory's untill i get better ones. oh and um... you figure out what your doing yet cuz i could REALLY use a new carb for the 5.0 :D