You mite be a ratsun/datsun owner if....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have spare parts for a car that you've never owned, and never intend on owning, you might be a ratsun owner.

:lol::lol: I have a junk 510 radiator, 350/400 SBC parts, and a 720 gauge cluster :lol::lol:

You Might be a RedNe...er...RATSUN if....

When asked for the Year, Make and Model for.....

Year - you total the year of all the parts, divide by the Number for an Average

Make - Use the First Letter of Each Donor Make for a word.

Model - Can't Decide whether to answer with the U.S, Europe, Japan or South Africa Version.

you walk right past the good paint, straight for the cheapest bomb can you can find.

zip ties are a substantial percentage of the vehicles weight

people think your rich because you have a bunch of cars.

then they get pissed when you tell em the total cost for all 8 is less then their monthly payment, and you get better mpg.

you pay more attention to the car that was in the weeds last week, then the full on restore at a car show.

you laugh when people say they recycle a lot.

you dream of putting thousands of dollars into a vehicle that cost less then $2k brand new.

you think 100k mi is just broke in

you use a oil catch can so you dont have to keep buying oil.

You might be a datsun owner if................ your on a first name basis with all the staff at the local junkyards

or if the junkyard guy looks at you and says, "DATSUN!?! Who the f*ck is still drivin' a Datsun in two thousand and nine 'merica!?!".

or if the junkyard guy looks at you and says, "DATSUN!?! Who the f*ck is still drivin' a Datsun in two thousand and nine 'merica!?!".

i have heard that. but usually its followed by something along the lines of " thats dodge right???"

You tell the Parts Clerk Datsun B210 and they respond Is that a Pickup?:blink::blink:

when they ask the make and you say Datsun, and then they automatically say Datsun truck?

and then back click a few when I say 240z because theyve already clicked on the 73 620

one of the bedrooms in your house has brand new tripple Webbers, fiberglass fenders, and misc 510 parts laid out... not to mention the hall closet :)

That's for real!! In my living room, I have:

• Carbon fiber hood
  • Polished valve covers
  • Turbos, flanges, oil feed lines etc
  • Flanges to make an intake manifold
  • Performance damper
  • Cylinder heads
  • V07 stroker crankshaft
  • Aerocatch hood pins
  • Spec flywheel, pressure plate, etc.
  • Miata seat
  • 240Z seat
  • Intake manifolds
  • Volk wheels
  • Finned diff cover
  • Ron Davis radiator
  • Superior clutch for a G-Force geartrain setup

Gotta get this stuff on my Z! :lol:

when even in a small kitchen you reserve a drawer so that you can have a few tools handy and it also includes a bunch of datsun parts.

when you buy spares for everything because you just never know, but you already have a spare:lol:

layin under a vehicle thats havin trans work can get messy.. lol

especially when 8 quarts starts pouring out of the tail of the tranny! and then later you need to crawl under there to tighten cross member bolts. :D Talk about a bloody vagina :lol:

Good Times.....:cool: