Screw GM

Nothing has changed.GM never learns.I went to my local cruise night on Saturday.A new Camaro was there.THere were two holes(horizontal)just in front of the front wheels on the lower part of fender or lower bumper wrap-around.THey looked out of place,so i asked the owner what they were for.This frown came over his face as he told me that the chin spoiler blew off on the freeway because the factory drilled two holes at each corner and then used TAPE in-between the screws to hold the CHIN SPOILER on.ARE YOU SH!TTIN' me?Tape to hold a spoiler on?

Brand new much anticipated new Camaro.Indy pace car,blah,blah,blah

And the spoiler is held on by tape.

GM NEVER LEARNS...NEVER.:fu::fu:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to own a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix, and a little over a year ago I was picking my girlfriend up from the sea-tac airport. After parking on the fourth floor smoke started rolling out from under the hood. I popped it open and there was a small fire on the plastic engine cover, so I slammed the hood thinking I might put it out that way (It didn't work). I called 911 when it was obvious the fire was growing, as I was waiting the sprinkler system went off. Finally the firemen and cops showed up and as they pried open the hood the flames shot up about four feet up from the engine. The car next to me had some serious smoke damage, but luckily it was the only abandoned car in the lot. The tow truck couldn't get up to the fourth floor, so we had to hook a strap up to a Ford Ranger to get it out, and the bastards still charged me 8 bucks for parking.

So I did some research and apparently I'm not the only one who's had this problem. This had happened to a couple hundred GM 3800 series engines, and resulted in seventeen structure fires and even someone being sent to the hospital. There was talk of a lawsuit, but GM refused to address the problem and nothing ever really happened.

About two weeks ago GM sends a letter to my parents house talking about the fire hazard caused by oil leaking on to the exhaust manifold, and my dad sent back a nasty handwritten letter, and so for the past week I've been talking to a representative from GM looking for information.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0e40ac/0

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/14/autos/gm_recall/index.htm

Edited by Dudeman

Ya fuck em They should fail. That is how it works. Let the next company that wants to do good business and good stuff take over. They got too fat. At least our government lined a few pockets in the process (and there own). So there kids kids do not have to worry about being broke like the rest of us. And I will pay for it. You are welcome GM and ceo and family.

Nothing has changed.GM never learns.I went to my local cruise night on Saturday.A new Camaro was there.THere were two holes(horizontal)just in front of the front wheels on the lower part of fender or lower bumper wrap-around.THey looked out of place,so i asked the owner what they were for.This frown came over his face as he told me that the chin spoiler blew off on the freeway because the factory drilled two holes at each corner and then used TAPE in-between the screws to hold the CHIN SPOILER on.ARE YOU SH!TTIN' me?Tape to hold a spoiler on?

Brand new much anticipated new Camaro.Indy pace car,blah,blah,blah

And the spoiler is held on by tape.

GM NEVER LEARNS...NEVER.:fu::fu:

I guess GM can't afford the good 200 MPH tape. :lol:

The first oil crunch in '72? and what did GM build for us... the Vega/Astra with the worst piece of shit motor ever built. A buddy in a 1200 Toy ate another buddy's Vega, no contest. I would bet any money that if you find a Vega today in running condition .... it will have a small block in it. Ford gave us the Pinto/Bobcat, don't get me started on that! Chrysler wasn't much better until the Omni/Horizon cars much later.

The biggest lie was the great mileage of these cars, typically in the 30s to mid 30s... well bull shit to that! No-one I knew EVER got near 33MPG. By '76 I had a new B-210 and only twice was able to get it below 30 MPG! On a holliday trip I got high 40s no prob.

So long Old GM serves you right! Hello new trimmer GM .... impress me. You've got over 30 years of Japanese quality to overcome. The two biggest assholes are management and union. Oil and water. Maybe you should start your repairs there first.

The two biggest assholes are management and union. Oil and water. Maybe you should start your repairs there first.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fu: GM And union bosses. Bunch of fat lazy basterds.

I actually spray painted truck boxes for GM 'back in my other life'. I remember a paid holiday falling in the middle of the week. So GM asked the union if they would like to work that Wednesday and take the Friday off for a long weekend. Guess what the union told GM... fuck you, the rank and file workers have agreed that we work Wednesday so we work Wednesday! Not one person I talked to agreed to that. Fucking assholes. Management just as bad. If a union rep fell over a cliff and had a hold of a manager's leg, he would gnaw it off. The workers deserved much better than they got.

Used to own a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix, and a little over a year ago I was picking my girlfriend up from the sea-tac airport. After parking on the fourth floor smoke started rolling out from under the hood. I popped it open and there was a small fire on the plastic engine cover, so I slammed the hood thinking I might put it out that way (It didn't work). I called 911 when it was obvious the fire was growing, as I was waiting the sprinkler system went off. Finally the firemen and cops showed up and as they pried open the hood the flames shot up about four feet up from the engine. The car next to me had some serious smoke damage, but luckily it was the only abandoned car in the lot. The tow truck couldn't get up to the fourth floor, so we had to hook a strap up to a Ford Ranger to get it out, and the bastards still charged me 8 bucks for parking.

So I did some research and apparently I'm not the only one who's had this problem. This had happened to a couple hundred GM 3800 series engines, and resulted in seventeen structure fires and even someone being sent to the hospital. There was talk of a lawsuit, but GM refused to address the problem and nothing ever really happened.

About two weeks ago GM sends a letter to my parents house talking about the fire hazard caused by oil leaking on to the exhaust manifold, and my dad sent back a nasty handwritten letter, and so for the past week I've been talking to a representative from GM looking for information.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0e40ac/0

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/14/autos/gm_recall/index.htm

ouch... how about HONDA... supposed to have good quality and customer service, yada yada... We have a 1995 Odyssey mini van, (first year of production (only obd1 which is why we got it, other than being a "smoking" deal), the brake pedal sinks to the floor randomly. You'd think automatically its gotta be the master or booster... nope, this problem exists on ALL honda odyssey's from 1995 to 2010!! :eek: honda has no recall, no service bulletins, no explanation why it happens, no intention to fix it, people have died because of it... replacing the master doesn't help, bleeding the brakes doesn't help, replacing everything in the brake system including the complete ABS systems doesn't help... and there still has no been a class action lawsuit for it... we don't drive it anymore, and I hear some of the toyota sienna's have a similar issue.

The first oil crunch in '72? and what did GM build for us... the Vega/Astra with the worst piece of shit motor ever built.

However the Cosworth Vega was a real performer. The reason the Vega had their engine problems was that the cost cutters nixed the engineers stainless steel head gasket for a cheap stamped steel one which promptly rusted through. Cosworth put their own head and gasket on in addition to the BW 5 speed transmission and made a real car out of it.

I remember a paid holiday falling in the middle of the week. So GM asked the union if they would like to work that Wednesday and take the Friday off for a long weekend. Guess what the union told GM... fuck you,

GOOD FOR HIM! He did HIS job FOR YOU!!!!

Think I'm wrong. What would your paycheck look like with a standard 4 day week instead of a 3 day PLUS THE OVERTIME DAY? You would rather have your union rep fuck you out of your overtime? Who's the jackass there???

Union or not, GM can stick it in there ass. They ask for money to "bail themselves out" then give raises to the CEO's and lay off the workers. :lol::lol: Gee, I just don't see what went wrong.

GOOD FOR HIM! He did HIS job FOR YOU!!!!

Think I'm wrong. What would your paycheck look like with a standard 4 day week instead of a 3 day PLUS THE OVERTIME DAY? You would rather have your union rep fuck you out of your overtime? Who's the jackass there???

Union or not, GM can stick it in there ass. They ask for money to "bail themselves out" then give raises to the CEO's and lay off the workers. :lol::lol: Gee, I just don't see what went wrong.

The Obama administration asked to have the workers laid off and plants closed, part of the restructuring they told them to come up with to get bail out money, which of course did not work, so now the Gov't now owns most of GM and will mess it up even worse.

ouch... how about HONDA... supposed to have good quality and customer service, yada yada... We have a 1995 Odyssey mini van, (first year of production (only obd1 which is why we got it, other than being a "smoking" deal), the brake pedal sinks to the floor randomly.

I hear ya zuum! In 2004 the wife and I were looking for a minivan, we saw a used Honda Ody that looked great. Then we went to a honda dealer to see what a new one would cost that was a base model. The manager asked us how many miles were on the used one and I forget what it was , but I think 30k or something, and what year. He then said he would pretty much guarantee that that transmission would fail within the next 10k. He wouldn't tell us why. I looked it up on the internet, those odysseys had massive trans issues. Turned out a bunch of the transmissions that were made in a plant in ohio would fail at almost the same mileage. There was no recall at the time and alot of pissed off owners. The dealership would string people along with temp fixes till they were out of warrantee. I thought Hondas were suppose to be bulletproof at the time!

We bought a new 2004 Mazda MPV and it has been a great vehicle.

That's why I buy only Nissans muthafuckas! Most all domestics suck ass, and haven't been worth a shit since '79. Most Hondas suck ass nowadays also. Just bought a '99 civic with less than 97k miles for a dailiy driver....what a poorly built piece of shit. I've only had it for a couple months and just resold it before something takes a shit on it.

"Saab? Why would you buy a Swedish fucking piece of shit like that?" - George Carlin :D That's not a dead on quote but pretty close.

I like how everyone that has a Saab defends them to the end, even though they're complicated, cost a lot to fix, and really don't handle all that well though they bill them as "built by aircraft engineers" proving once again most engineers don't know their ass from their elbow but choose to put both in close proximity so as to charge 8 hours labor to remove either as a result of their failure to see the big picture.

Though I do have a really cool video up on my website of the Saab Ballet. It is pretty darn neat. Still wouldn't own one of the cars in the video.

Ya Datsun/Nissan shit doesn't stink right? You would think somewhere in 50 years they could have developed a system to rust proof ANYTHING worth a shit. Nissan has had an buttload of recalls too.

The company has strayed far from what its ideals and priorities once were.