FS: 1964 Datsun L320 Pickup

J16, Weber 40DCOE, header, dual remote oil filters, 200SX dogleg 5 speed, 3.889 roadster rear end, rear sway bar, urethane bushings, 1995 Nissan Hardbody alloy wheels on custom made hub centric adapters, Hyundai bucket seats, Subaru center console, mahagony overhead console w/stereo, cd changer, much more.

SOLD!!
2ppmxif.jpg
1zouqac.jpg
2pqkthd.jpg
30vndqe.jpg
iw2g6c.jpg
n3u2s3.jpg
2dkmzph.jpg
xgdvya.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMH?

getting rid of her huh?

Yep, that's me. (Irene's mother's husband) AKA 810-again, HP11, sblake01, blakes320, depending on the site. I've had the truck for almost 29 years, it's time for a change. Edited by HP11

those are the best pics I've ever seen of your rig! I like the taillights!!! Decided to go with something that has A/C??? :) I'm sure I'll sell mine before it ever gets that nice.

Good luck!!

Those taillights were done by a guy in La Puente, CA. years ago when things like that were still somewhat reasonable. They're actually made from a mid 70s Ford LTD taillight, cut in half and mounted behind the panel he made. I still think AC can be done in these trucks, I just never got around to it.

Congrats!!! Did you give him Ratsun's info? Is he brining it to Canby? :) j/k on the last one!
It has a Ratsun sticker on the back window. He spoke of putting it in the Datsun Heratige Museum for a while which is something I would like to have done also had I kept it.
  • 6 months later...

It has a Ratsun sticker on the back window. He spoke of putting it in the Datsun Heratige Museum for a while which is something I would like to have done also had I kept it.

Hey Steve, I know you sold this awesome rig, but I was wondering if you could tell me more about the J16? (I am thinking of my 1959.) How did you find one in Japan? Is it 3 bearing or 5 bearing? What did they come out of? Did the 200sx dogleg bolt right to it? If you hadn't gone to floor-shift, would the sidedraft have hit the column shift linkage? I assume you had to get a new driveshaft made?

I'd really appreciate any info you have on it!

Hey Steve, I know you sold this awesome rig, but I was wondering if you could tell me more about the J16? (I am thinking of my 1959.) How did you find one in Japan? Is it 3 bearing or 5 bearing? What did they come out of? Did the 200sx dogleg bolt right to it? If you hadn't gone to floor-shift, would the sidedraft have hit the column shift linkage? I assume you had to get a new driveshaft made?

I'd really appreciate any info you have on it!

I bought it from one of the many importers that were around in 1997. The name of the company is C&T International, Inc., located in Pico Rivera, CA. They're still around but they can't get the J16 anymore. I don't know where you find one nowdays. It's a 5 main bearing engine. I came from a Homer T20 which was a Datsun truck not imported to the US. The 200SX dogleg bolted to it because of the mouning plate that came with it. (Sheer luck!!) It wouldn't have fit the column shift trans without using the mounting plate that goes with the coulmn shift trans as well as the clutch, flywheel, etc. that goes with the column shift trans. I don't know about clearance with the sidedraft/column shift linkage since I never tried that. I had to get a new drive shaft made because of the dogleg trans and the SPL311 differential (3.889) as both yokes were different from the 320. I also had to do some trans mount modification but I don't recall what I did there as it was 12 years ago when I did the swap.

I bought it from one of the many importers that were around in 1997. The name of the company is C&T International, Inc., located in Pico Rivera, CA. They're still around but they can't get the J16 anymore. I don't know where you find one nowdays. It's a 5 main bearing engine. I came from a Homer T20 which was a Datsun truck not imported to the US. The 200SX dogleg bolted to it because of the mouning plate that came with it. (Sheer luck!!) It wouldn't have fit the column shift trans without using the mounting plate that goes with the coulmn shift trans as well as the clutch, flywheel, etc. that goes with the column shift trans. I don't know about clearance with the sidedraft/column shift linkage since I never tried that. I had to get a new drive shaft made because of the dogleg trans and the SPL311 differential (3.889) as both yokes were different from the 320. I also had to do some trans mount modification but I don't recall what I did there as it was 12 years ago when I did the swap.

Super info! Thanks so much! Nice to hear they were 5 main engines. I would think if one could find one, it would be a good candidate for a moss supercharger MGB kit. It also makes me hopeful that the legendary J18 from a mexican 200sx Sakura would be 5 main too!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.