280zx brake upgrade

HRH

As most of you know, I'm doing the common rear 200sx brakes/Maxima calipers with 280zx struts up front on the 510. I've noticed the 280zx master cylinder has horizontal mounting tabs, and the 510 is vertical. Can the four bolt plate be turned 90 degrees for those who've done that, or did you just drill new holes?

Also, if I'm installing a Wilwood proportioning valve mid-car, can I just keep the 510 master cylinder seeing as it's working fine? I've seen some write-ups that say thats okay, but it's a harder pedal?

I'm going out to dink around with it, but any info would be appreciated. Need to have the brakes working for Canby!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a vertical style I had to drill new holes and I also had to diegrind out some places so the master didn't interfere with the mounting bolts on the plate. Also that style of master is also found on the 720 trucks so their a lot easyer to find than the vertical style.

Interesting, I thought because of the use of 82-83 calipers it would be that year of master. Good to know, I'll take a look and see if the other one I ordered in is still in. Thanks!