GA16de in a 510?

Lozer

So i got a hot lead on a most likly good motor for dirt cheap (92 sentra whole car) im wondering if this motor will bolt up to an l series trans for a swap?

I know it may be relitivly pointless due to the loss of displacement and almost equal horse power of an l20b but im just curious.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i got a hot lead on a most likly good motor for dirt cheap (92 sentra whole car) im wondering if this motor will bolt up to an l series trans for a swap?

I know it may be relitivly pointless due to the loss of displacement and almost equal horse power of an l20b but im just curious.

no and yes

Keep in mind the dizzy would be in the rear of the head and the intake facing the firewall if you were to mount the engine rwd.

I like the engine, it's like a baby KA.

A bunch of people have turbo'd them stock too with just a a/f controller. 10psi yields 200hp, not too bad for a 1.6 and minimal effort.

All that said though I don't think its even nearly worth all the trouble even if the motor were free.

Edited by 72240z
as far as I know, there is no RWD tranny it will bolt to, so all the speculating in the world gets you no where. A good fab shop could probably make you an adapter... but it would cost a lot.

lol no there is but methinks he's already lost his train of thought

What rwd tranny bolts up?

I think I read somewhere someone using the awd trans and just eliminating the fwd aspect but I never seen or heard of a true rwd tranny bolting up.

from a jdm van that for some weird reason used a ga but was rwd ... most of those oddball vehicles are gone now that ghosn wiped them out

dunno if the rwd version had a different dizzy setup than the sentra, but never got that far

i doubt there's any takers as it would be a serious undertaking for a 1.6 :rolleyes: